Pedals workable with chain driven?

GoldenMotor.com

Sport2145

Jan 31, 2014
Pa
In pa where i live you have to have the petals be usable on a moto bicycle. But i want to make a chain driven one any idea so i can use chain driven and petals? with out pedals going as fast as my motor
thanks guys:-||

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Check out sickbikeparts for front sprocket freewheel setup, or save time and just buy a shift kit.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have to ask the OP if he is considering installing a motorized bicycle engine kit. If so there is no need for a 'shift kit' or anything special about the pedal crank. The rear wheel hub will take care of his concern. There will be no mechanical connection between the engine drive chain and his pedals.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have to ask the OP if he is considering installing a motorized bicycle engine kit. If so there is no need for a 'shift kit' or anything special about the pedal crank. The rear wheel hub will take care of his concern. There will be no mechanical connection between the engine drive chain and his pedals.

Tom
...Unless of course you are trying to motorize a 'fixie' back wheel, if that is the case change the back sprocket or hub or whole wheel because with a pedal side freewheel you can't pedal backwards anyway.