gearing? 49cc two stroke kit

GoldenMotor.com

gotgas?

hi i'm looking for some info on a two stroke china 49cc motor kit LEB off ebay. The kit came with a 39 tooth sprocket and i have it mounted on a 10 speed road bike it had 27" tires i changed the to 24". I'M wondering if its geared to hi, it doesent's have any hill climbing power the top speed is about 26mph any help would be awsome. thanks gotgas?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
hill climbing will depend on your weight also - that 26mph sounds like you haven't gotten the engine run in yet, so too soon to tell about the sprocket

cumminsbayou

Feb 25, 2013
fairhope alabama
I have a 39 tooth on mine it does fine with 26in tires and climbs hills fair i do have to peddle on some in grass, I haven't gotten mine to top speed but i have gotten it to 26 so something is up with yours. I am 140 pounds it does every thing i want really. What oil ratio are you running?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds like you might be a bit lean - get near a hill and lift the needle one notch & see if that gets you up the hill better, if so, try one more notch

if you improve on the hill, then try the flat again & see if you're faster

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
seems like you're left with changing to a 44tooth to see if that helps - having both hill problems & flat problems might be just a weak motor tho, which could take a lot of looking into

cumminsbayou

Feb 25, 2013
fairhope alabama
seems like you're left with changing to a 44tooth to see if that helps - having both hill problems & flat problems might be just a weak motor tho, which could take a lot of looking into
i can tell you the 39 tooth sprocket isn't geared to high, my motor has lots of miles on it way more than his and it does hills and stuff great

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I like a 66cc, but running with 24" wheels will often cause top speed problems - climbing hills should be really easy tho.