Winter project

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm like'n this bike just have'n a hard times adjusting to the 1/4 fender but other than that it's a beaut!
Now on 2nd thought. I think I'm going to go full fenders and a drop stand.
I was going to build a tool can but I have decided to focus on the next project.
I was going to wait and fully restore my Wizzer before using the engine, but I really want to run it .
So I'm starting the Western flyer café Whizzer out of parts from the pile.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I coulden't help myself . I threw a board on for some quick footpegs and took it out for a ride. All i have left is a chain cover for the jackshaft ,cranks so i can have rear brakes. And a full length exhaust. The exhaust will be similar to the temp header thats on the bike now but fitted around the cranks and extend to the rear axle.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Bike is just about finished.

Hear are a few of the things I did on this build.

Digital tack $5 off e-bay.

Instead of wide cranks I used 3.5" low rider cranks and welded extensions to a set of toasty pedals I had.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
New seat post that bolts around the frame. I made no modifications to the frame so it could be restored in the future if someone wanted to.

And my throttle linkage, made from parts of the old linkage. It has a 3 spring push pull setup so if one gives out the other will still pull the throttle closed. Also an air filter made with the original filter element fitted into a turtle wax can.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Excellent looking ride, I'm going to put together a late spring ride up my way, I'll let you know when.