First one from Italy

GoldenMotor.com

Nick Menn

Apr 3, 2012
Italy
Hello Guys!
I am happy to find and join to a community with same passion on smaller engines!

I am studying to replicate a Lohman diesel 2 stroke... already get the components drawings from Practica Foundation that reenginered the old Lohman engine...

Have a lathe, milling machine, electric welder & blowtorch, hope to assembly this diesel engine on a bike, have a tank of 170 gallons of diesel to burn..

I am not able to built piston rings & transmission gears...

:)

Last edited:

Nick Menn

Apr 3, 2012
Italy
Welcome Nick! Sounds like an awesome project. For your rings, you just go buy a nice cc set of rings you can get away with, and find locally, eh? And build to those specs and clearances.

We have a local Guru that likes to smelt down aluminum and build(mill/lathe) things out of what he smelted. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=16550&page=15

What is your cc limit over there? <-curious
Thank you!
Yep, I have to change the bore diameter to mach the available rings size, the smaller one that I find are 33mm .. instead the 28mm as original project.

In case of necessity I'll ask to the Guru!
Here the limit is 1 horse power, but don't care... I have a 100 cc 2stroke, that run around 18.000 rpm (kart engine) but it is sooo much :)

Happy to find other people with same passion!
Bye|
Nick