Boooorrrrn to be Wiiiiiiiillllldddd!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
OK, everybody who bet against me pay up! Have gotten myself a brain bucket and made several runs to the hardware store already today (2 mile round trip). Once it cools off I'll also make a run to the grocery store which is about the same distance. I would like to add I AM HOOKED! If it wasn't for those long distance trips and large items I would give up my little Toyota 1/2 ton! Anyway the break in has begun. So far I have discovered WHY you are supposed to turn off the fuel valve when parked and what happens if you don't; that the clutch is a bit stiff on a new motor; and that you do need a hose clamp on the fuel line at the carb side. I couldn't find one that would work in my shop so I've kluged one up from a paper clip for now.

So why aren't the photos here?

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Here are some shots of a couple of mods I had to make to get things to run smoothly. Because of the oversize front forks on the Huffy I also had to makes some mods to the basket to get it to go on. I'll be removing it tonight to JB weld some reinforcement onto the cuts for safetys sake. Anyway shove over FR31 and Weedylot there's a new kid in town! ^5

Attachments

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I've been working on my ride a bit since the initial post and I think I have it to it's final (more or less) form. I invented a lockable trunk for it so I can carry tools and spare parts. It is also handy for locking up stealables such as the Speedometer and my gloves. It has a padlock which rides inside most of the time so it doesn't rattle.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
FINFAN, GREAT JOB, NICE CLEAN LOOKING BUILD. (^) THE MAIN REASON TO SHUT FUEL OFF, THEY WILL GET DEBRIS IS THE NEADLE AND SEAT AND LEAK. IF THAT DO`ES HAPPEN, LEAVE IT SHUT, RUN MOTOR TILL CARB IS EMPTY. THEN TURN GAS BACK ON. MOST OF THE TIME THAT WILL CLEAN THE SEAT. IT IS ALSO JUST A SAFTY PRECAUTION. THANKS FOR SHARING, GREAT PICTURES. RON:bike2: :ride: