Huasheng bogging, plug fouled

GoldenMotor.com

JeremyD

Sep 1, 2012
Colorado
So here's the deal:
I've had some difficult living arrangements recently and long story short, my 4-stroke Huasheng 4g has sat unused for 8 months. To prepare for that, I drained the carb bowl to avoid tarnish and filled the gas tank to avoid rust (also added a small amount of Sta-Bil). Before I started it again, I changed the oil and dusted off the air filter.

I was so happy that it started up, and idled like a purring kitten. I let it idle for about 2 minutes and warm up, and then i lifted the drive wheel to test the throttle and it dies. I try to slowly ease my way up, and it slowly follows me, but only to die again. If I just crank the throttle quickly, it dies instantly.

Hmm. Sounds like its running lean? Well I adjust the carb 1/2 turn richer and now it's idling faster...and slower... "wait, it's surging!!!" and faster and dead.

Well wasnt that weird? Lets take a look at the stock spark plug. Fouled and sooty. One cleaned plug later, we go MUCH leaner. Same problem. No carburetor adjustment seems to make a difference either. All the way rich and all the way lean have mostly the same symptoms.

Vaccum leak? Well I looked at all the gaskets and spread a thin layer of oil with my finger on all of them and made sure they were seated well, but no difference.
I know it's not a fuel problem because I can't get it to run above idle speed for more than 10 seconds lol
Ideas?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Have you tried checking your wiring connections to make sure that there are no wires that might be interfering with the ignition in anyway?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Sounds to me like your running only on the idle circuit in the carb. I'd try cleaning it out.

JeremyD

Sep 1, 2012
Colorado
Carb's all clean including the idle circuit. Do these carbs have a float that could be jammed or otherwise causing problems?:-||