fuchs Cycle engine on supreme bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

motoscott909

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Rapids, Mi
Hi all,

This is my first post on the site. for quite a few years ive had a fuchs cycle motor attached to a supreme bicycle sitting in my shed. Recently i decided to get it out and tinker with it. I was wondering if any of you guys had info on Fuchs engines? i have searched the web and cannot find anything about them. I belive that it was produced in the late 1940's in austria, probably part of the post-war rebuliding effort. Any additional info would be appreciated. Ill post pics as soon as i get out to the barn again.

Thanks!

Scott

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Welcome to the best motor bike forum on the www.

I'm sure someone that knows more about that engine will be along eventually. In the mean time you may find what you're looking for by searching here on the site. There is so much info here it boggles the mind really.

Again welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy you're stay with us.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I found some info on the history, Fuch Hilfsmotor FM40(S), 2-Speed 38cc, pretty rare. Two versions were made, first one from 41-51, the second from 52-55.

This is the '53 model:

I found the Original 1953 Installation/Owners manual, neat to look through. It's Swedish, but Google does a nice job translating: BRUKSANVISNING FÖR FUCHS CYKELHJÄLPMOTOR FM 40 S.

Looking forward to pics, to help narrow down your model/year. gl.

Last edited: