Mower parts for trike?

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Tnx for looking !

I got a yard mower that is presently not running... it's a Snapper Pro model, with the 2 cycle Robin engine. Last time I tried it, wouldn't start and I fussed with the carby, but that didn't help. I think maybe the crank seals went somewhere...
They are well thought of commercial mowers, far as I've been told, and I'm reluctant to cannibalize it, but would like to play with a trike, sooner or later, and I DO have another Snapper 4cycle mower I presently use in our yard full of weeds. :)

Question
Would it be worthwhile to axe this mower for the differential to use on a trike?
Would it handle the power loading and high speed?

...Should I gut this mower for the 2 cycle motor?

Tnx for your opinion!
rc

Attachments

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
That was a great mower, but the Robin parts are kinda hard to get, and $$. I vote for a trike tranny. That is a well made tough little unit, one of the few with a diff. Is lubbed with 00 grease and they last almost forever if you keep the dirt out. You will have to figure the ratio of the tranny its a single speed versus the wheel size and see if you can get any speed out of it. You can always overdrive it.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I have one of those, Bout 30 years old with a tired ol B&S. Best mower I ever had. Mine came with 90wt gear oil in the differental box. I checked the ratio on mine a while back. I think it was 5-1 ratio.
Now if you could figure out how to use that vari speed fricton tranny on your trike too, that would be something.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Wayne, ... NO way, NO how... am I ever gonna be even close to you and the cannonball for figgerin! OR building !

(If I can be real sneaky and put a glimmer of an idea out there, maybe someone smarter than me could tell me what they figger! lol)

:)
rc