What are my options?

GoldenMotor.com

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
ok, I bought a HF Greyhound and I have a Genesis Onyx that I would like to put it on. As much as I'd love to have a q-matic or whatever they are I'm not sure I can force myself to spend $300.00 for a clutch so I can put a $75.00 motor on a $149.00 bicycle. I think the bike is too tall for a rack mounted friction drive. What are my options? By the time I have a motor mount built for it, a custom exhaust and a 48 spoke adapter I'll have more into it than my car is worth. I really don't want to do that.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
ok, I bought a HF Greyhound and I have a Genesis Onyx that I would like to put it on. As much as I'd love to have a q-matic or whatever they are I'm not sure I can force myself to spend $300.00 for a clutch so I can put a $75.00 motor on a $149.00 bicycle. I think the bike is too tall for a rack mounted friction drive. What are my options? By the time I have a motor mount built for it, a custom exhaust and a 48 spoke adapter I'll have more into it than my car is worth. I really don't want to do that.
Firebellycycles used to make a gearbox for the HF Greyhound

Guess what?
Dan aka Danny3xd said yesterday he was going to make more so that's another option for you
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?p=314083#post314083

You can thank azbill too....

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I have a $150 bike that I put a 4-stroke kit on....that Grubee mounting plate alone costs $50 if you can find them. Consider yourself lucky to get the HF so cheap and that's keeping the cost down right there. And then there is the gas mileage savings....how many MPG is your car getting?

I'm thinking your options are EZM, AGK or build your own from scratch. That's plenty for me too choose from, I like them all!

dnut

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
and Agk is a member here, as well as an EZM dealer ;)

here's hoping Dan gets a reliable drive built at a price that's reasonable this time,,,
competition is good !!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hang on (is comming out cool) and Bill, when we (FB and I) first spoke about doing the HF drive, and I kid you not Sir. I said "lets go with the HF. Don't want to step on any ones toes and Bill is invested with the HS" No good deed goes unpunished but I did, and I give you my word, say that. Was never meant to be competition. Before all this ugly, I considered you guys friends. About hurt me bad watching you guys in chat call me a thief and worse. Now there is a bunch of you and my partner bailed. All good and no fear here. But "this time,,,," Is just me. ,,,an my gear is cool. I am going NP so gonna be a slight wee bit less then yours.

Will post. I mean this. No hard feelings. Learned a whole bunch from you and the team. The only reason this drive is coming to market, is you.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
After thought: What leads you to believe and infer my drive has ever failed? You've never rode it. I have thousands of miles on it. Still working fine. Gonna do the "have to pedal" thing? Plastic will melt. Clutch will kill ya" Belt slips in the rain? If my humble offering is so poor, why do you guys spend so much time?

and Agk is a member here, as well as an EZM dealer ;)

here's hoping Dan gets a reliable drive built at a price that's reasonable this time,,,
competition is good !!!
"competition is good !!!" as you say.

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I didn't mean to come across as it was a failure,,,
I thought it faded away because it couldn't be made at a price that worked

building a drive is rather simple,,,building one that can be mass produced at a price people can/will pay is a whole nuther thing

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Bill, was a big part of it and your correct. There really is nothing to it. Hardest part is getting 18 holes on the backing plate and cover to line up. After that, pretty much a gocart clutch and reduction. Is actually very cheap to produce. I'm just not happy with it. is too "clunky" as is. The beauty of yours that I really do like is it's smoothness. Mine as is, not so much, snork.