looking for a 4 Stoke

GoldenMotor.com

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
does anyone know were i can get a 4 stroke engine even if its not a kit and make it work on a bike for under 100$ ive seen a 6.5 hp engine from harbor freight but it would be hard to make that work with my skills i am new to all this i want to mount a back rack and then put the engine on it how would i get the clutch from there to the handle bars

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
does anyone know were i can get a 4 stroke engine even if its not a kit and make it work on a bike for under 100$ ive seen a 6.5 hp engine from harbor freight but it would be hard to make that work with my skills i am new to all this i want to mount a back rack and then put the engine on it how would i get the clutch from there to the handle bars
Honestly,

In my opinion, save your money and buy the parts needed when you have enough saved. Developing fabrication skills and scrounging for parts can reduce your costs.

Mounting a Predator 212cc engine is a challenge even for an experienced builder. The weight of the engine on the rear of the bike would need a strong rack. Also, torque from the engine could destroy the rack quickly. A 212cc predator is a challenge to mount within in a bicycle frame without frame twisting or breaking welds.

A 79cc Predator would be a better engine purchase, but plan on spending more for mounts, clutch, jackshaft, sprockets, chains, etc., unless you can make the parts or good at scrounging and modifying parts.

Take some time and look at some of the builds that members have done. Look at some of the prices at the vendors and plan your budget accordingly. AGK is a vendor that sells many parts for a 79cc build and has many free resources.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
my fathers a master mechanic with welder i have a friend thats also a welder and master mechanic im good at looking for parts for cheap the 212 predator engine is not allowed to be shipped to california because of the carb laws maybe build a custom rack out of steel and going to a machine shop my father has ties to would be my best bets how fast do you think i could get on a 212cc engine i have about a 300$ budget

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
my fathers a master mechanic with welder i have a friend thats also a welder and master mechanic im good at looking for parts for cheap the 212 predator engine is not allowed to be shipped to california because of the carb laws maybe build a custom rack out of steel and going to a machine shop my father has ties to would be my best bets how fast do you think i could get on a 212cc engine i have about a 300$ budget
Harbor Freight sells the CARB approved 212cc predator in California right in the stores.
HF sells a CARB and a non CARB 212cc

$300 ain't going to cut it without a lot of scrounging and fabricating.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
everyone lives out here lol i live about a hour 45 min away from you in the AV
The AV......apple valley? Alta Vista?

Ya sure you want a 212cc powered bike? They can be geared to go over 80mph.....I've had mine well over 65mph at times. For about $2,500 you can build one that looks like this

Have fun building.

dnut

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Soldier, you will not like having a 25 plus pound motor on a rear rack.
Even a 2.5 hp is annoying back there.

Ever try to park a bike with a weight on the back that is more than the rest of the bike?
The weight hunts for the ground like a beagle. Flip-boom, tilt boom, repeat.....

Scotto did a great job on his bike. The motor is where it needs to be.

Think more than once about going fast on one of these, once you leave the 20-30mph zone, you need HD everything.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
antelope valley lol palmdale lancaster mojave that area dang lol grr why does everything have to be so hard maybe balance out the weight in the front of the bike so it does not pop a wheelie

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
ive had a 1984 250 cc 2 stoke dirt bike i think i can handle a 212cc 4 stroke .trk
The AV......apple valley? Alta Vista?

Ya sure you want a 212cc powered bike? They can be geared to go over 80mph.....I've had mine well over 65mph at times. For about $2,500 you can build one that looks like this

Have fun building.

dnut

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
does anyone know were i can get a 4 stroke engine even if its not a kit and make it work on a bike for under $100.
How would i get the clutch from there to the handle bars?
All cool race bikes and everything, but this is a guy with $100 that doesn't know there is no clutch cable on a centrifugal clucth 4-stroke, and it takes WAY more than just an engine to make a motorized bike.

http://www.gasbike.net/bike-motor-kit-grubee-2011-skyhawk-4-g-t-belt-v.htm
$349 plus sales tax in Van Nuys, $299 yesterday, and it is everything you need to make a 4-stroke direct drive center mount motorized bike like this except the bike.

No it won't win any races, but it will get you from here to there and back quite well legally even in CA.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
like i said before im just getting into this motor thing ok im only 17 and never really cared much about motors my father and little brother were the ones making go karts and little 49cc crock rockets zoom im just now learning about everything so im sorry

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
If your old man can get pocket bikes to go hard, I'd get him to help you with a 2 stroke Ht,
It'll work out much cheaper.
And you can get them to go fast enough for a push bike.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Soldier on then boy.

Consider a friction drive. Simple to install. Reliable. Easy.

Nah, you ain't gonna go fast. But faster than you can peddle.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I'm sorry about that, I have a 16 year old turning 17 that lives 2000 Km's away.
I don't get to see him much anymore either.
I would like to help you, what do you have so far?
I have a 'spare' motor (in bits) which I was keeping for my Drift Trike Build, that I'm thinking to replace with a new motor, but to send to America? Australia Post is ridiculous. And the motor ain't that flash.
You might be better off saving for a car at your age? But that depends on how urban you live. I live in the country, and a car is essential for me.
But my advice would be not to blow to much money on a motorized bicycle at your age.
Keep it simple for you first build.
Get your self an Ebay kit, and do some research, ask us questions if you have trouble, Inspect the motor properly before you run it and give internals a clean out,
Run it in before you do to many mods,
Then do one mod at a time.
Getting your compression ratio correct would be my first suggestion.
But don't over do it either, as your motor won't last long if you give it to much.
Open the exhaust a little, with out drawing to much attention to your self.
And get a 39 t or 41 t sprocket if you feel you need a little more speed out of her once you got her running right.