Head bolts

GoldenMotor.com

aspireonescs

Jan 4, 2010
Saint Marys county, Maryland
to get mine out i took the nuts off and then cut slots into the top of the studs so i could remove them without damaging the threads. then i realized what crappy quality they are and replaced them with hex head bolts from tru value, the size my enigine tookk was 6mm 1.00 x 100 fits it perfectly and has room for a few washers between the head and bolt top. anyway if you cut a small slot turning the stud into a flat head bolt youll be able to take em out and put em back in very eaisally with a flat head screwdriver, use a dremel tool with a cut off wheel or do it the hard way and use a hack saw. hope this helps :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Put two nuts back to back (double nutting) and use a wrench or socket to unscrew them. The nuts need to be tightened together first. You'll need hex nuts not the acorn ones that come with most engines.
Tom

steef

Dec 21, 2009
Louisiana
Thanks, Great advise. That's one of those thing you hear and then think,Wow , I should have thought of that myself. Anyway , it worked great
THANKS

aspireonescs

Jan 4, 2010
Saint Marys county, Maryland
Put two nuts back to back (double nutting) and use a wrench or socket to unscrew them. The nuts need to be tightened together first. You'll need hex nuts not the acorn ones that come with most engines.
Tom
first time i took my head off i tried the two nut method but for the life of me i couldent get it to work. they needed to be replaced anyway, they were not straight at all. (well i guess they were chinese straight lol)