Huasheng 142f carb disassembly/reassembly

GoldenMotor.com

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
So the other day I drilled out the jet in my Huasheng 142f, and before I could test it ran into some chain problems that are leaving me unable to test it for now. When I dropped the float cup off of the carb and unscrewed the jet, a brass tube came out from above the jet, wasn't really expecting that since no one mentioned it in what I read about jetting. It came out quickly and hit my hand such that I couldn't tell which way it came out. One end of it has a larger hole going through the side of the tube, and the other end is slimmer and has no such cross hole. My questions are: What is this tube called? And more importantly which way does it go back in? I got distracted by my crank problems realized I never figured this part out. Haven't seen it mentioned in any of the write ups on jetting. Thanks!

Edit to add: When I put it back together it seemed to make sense to put the end with the cross hole up, but I'd love confirmation on this.

Last edited:

Larbud

Oct 1, 2015
IL
Hi, I just took my carb apart and the same thing happened. Did you figure out which way to go's?

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Well, I've been running it the way I put it back together since then without problems. So I guess that must have been right. I assembled with the end with the cross holes going up. Been running great. I have still not seen any diagrams or had anyone confirm this for me, so take that for what it's worth, LOL.

Larbud

Oct 1, 2015
IL
Thanks, I appreciate your help. I just got a new stock carb from DAX but it'wants to die after running for two minutes and I have to wait five minutes for it to start back up. I don't see any vacuum leaks or anything and the spark is fine. Could it be a bad head gasket? It's a 49 CC huesheng four stroke from bike berry. It should still be under warranty? I've had it maybe 2 weeks.

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Could it be a bad head gasket?
Nope, it doesn't have a removable head. The thing up top is just a valve cover. A simple thing to check is if your fuel cap doesn't breathe causing a vacuum lock on your fuel delivery. That gave me problems early on. Got a fuel filter inline somewhere between your tank and your carb? That could get clogged up, new tanks usually have crap in them from the factory. If not, it could be clogging your carb.