GXH50 questions

GoldenMotor.com

Dawud

Aug 23, 2009
Prescott, Arizona
I have dug through the internet and I can't find the drive shaft specs or the bolt pattern for a Honda GXH50. The reason I am interested is to see if the g4 kit can be modified to fit a HF 2.5hp engine. Can anyone shine some light over here?

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Most of the Honda GXH50's are sold with a 5/8" dia. X 1-1/4" long shaft that is tapped for a 1/4"28 thread. The side bolt pattern is 2-15/16" square. Are you aware that there are two different 4G belt drives? The one that is currently available from bicycle-engines.com will not bolt up to the Honda motor. Its made to fit the new version of the HS Clone motor. Are you aware of the differences in these two motors?

ocscully

Last edited:

Dawud

Aug 23, 2009
Prescott, Arizona
Most of the Honda GXH50's are sold with a 5/8" dia. X 1-1/4" long shaft that is tapped for a 1/4"28 thread. The side bolt pattern is 2-15/16" square. Are you aware that there are two different 4G belt drives? The one that is currently available from bicycle-engines.com will not bolt up to the Honda motor. Its made to fit the new version of the HS Clone motor. Are you aware of the differences in these two motors?

ocscully
Not at all. I am just looking for a way of getting a 5:1 reduction unit for the HF 2.5 .