An Awesome Find!

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Same here................to much,unless its a long time keeper and dailly transportation............Curt

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
thats the nicest pair of forks you will find with a 1" steerer tube. Nice forks cost lots and lots. Just look at how much a high end mountain bike fork costs.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm not a fan of triple tree forks, they tend to mess up gas tanks.

At least they supply a front hub which you'll need because of the way the wheel attaches, it's a long solid rod that clamps on each fork side so it won't take conventional threaded axle wheels, it can't, there are no drop-outs.

Both wheels on the Surly I just built are that way.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I know that these forks are not for your average MB'er, but that is not a bad price for a top quality set of forks and hub. Also, the cool factor is that it is dual disc. I am in the process of gathering parts and searching for the perfect frame for my next build. This build will not be rushed and will take some time. I already have a daily commuter. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice build but I really do not care if it gets beat up.

My next build I want to take time, do it on the side, and have a ride that people will stop and say, "There is no way you built that!" And, to do that, I think sometimes you have to go outside the box a little and have some pieces, parts, and things that make people go..."Hmmmm"

Just thought I would share a find that I came across is all. I have a great career and do well for myself, but still, I try to find bargains and save a buck wherever I can. These forks are a bit pricey, but good quality parts come at a price.

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
thats the nicest pair of forks you will find with a 1" steerer tube. Nice forks cost lots and lots. Just look at how much a high end mountain bike fork costs.
So, would these work on a older cro-mo MTB (90-ish giant Yukon)?

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
It was bugging me a little that I saw these but forgot where. They also have a post on endless sphere in the for sale new section. Now my brain can relax again lol.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yes they do, and that's why I ordered up a Motoped - :)

Uses a longer travel version of that fork but only 1 disk. Big one though a 9"er. And ya gotta love a 20mm dia. front axle eh? Which also means the bearings in the hub are huge.
Ya, the MotoPed is a monster dirt bike with pedals.

I have mine together.

The 68cc 4-stroke 4-speed engine is here too, but just no time to get to it!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Cool beans Baby, you got one too eh?
Yours or for a customer?
Mine.
Too much bike for me these days though, I know me and I'd push it but I simply can't take another spill of any kind so I'll sell it.

It's sad to see this brand new bike and engine collecting dust these last couple of months but customer builds come first.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Keep it. Just don't push it. You guys can't (not supposed to anyway) go fast in AZ anyway.

At least with that bike you won't have to worry about some part failing and putting your butt onna ground. You fall off that one, it's gonna be your fault.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Keep it. Just don't push it. You guys can't (not supposed to anyway) go fast in AZ anyway.
Hehehehe...
Not 'spossed to means little in this context to me.
I have enough expensive toys and always have something fun to 'test ride'.
At least with that bike you won't have to worry about some part failing and putting your butt onna ground.

You fall off that one, it's gonna be your fault.
Exactly my point ;-}