Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes

Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes Motorize a full suspension mountain bike to get a smother ride or for a little more speed try a motorized road bicycle. This section is for sharing ideas on motorizing your mountain and road bikes.

first snow trek

Motorize a full suspension mountain bike to get a smother ride or for a little more speed try a motorized road bicycle. This section is for sharing ideas on motorizing your mountain and road bikes.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: first snow trek

Be sure you seal up the mag coil. Snow turns into water....(Don't ask me how I know this)
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM

No b.s. I put duct tape around my mag case everytime I go out now...rain, or shine...and yea snow does end up as water...ask me how I know...lol
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 PM

I lost my 3rd coil in a month this weekend. It was actually snowing at the time and I was about 7-miles from home. I learned my lesson, and now carry a spare at all times, I just got spooked since this one only lased about 3-days. I pulled the plug, and sure enough: no spark. Pulling off the mag-cover (which I sealed like a maniac with UltraCopper) expecting to find liquified-snowflakes. Lo and behold; the space was BONE DRY. That spooked me more since if the mag wasn't defective I figured maybe the CDI went south and caused it to blow and I don't carry a spare CDI. Well, the replacement is still working. Meh.