NT carb blues >.<

GoldenMotor.com

SavageBlunts904

May 9, 2012
Orange Park, Fl
:-||SO i was doing some maintenance on my whole bike while i was doing some upgrades. well im cleaning the carb and pulled a rookie a** mistake. i didnt take the float arm off before blowing the cleaner off.... i know stupid... lol. well i am in desperate need of a pin now. what ever its called. the small rod that holds the arm that lets fuel in. If anyone could help me out i would really appreciate it.. i do not want to spend 12 bucks on the rebuild kit and 12 bucks shipping for a smalll cheap pin. thanks

:-||

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Make your own from whatever wire you can find that fits. Don't force it in, be sure it still allows the float to move the needle

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The float hinge pin measures 1.4mm in diameter and 14.4mm in length. You might be able to find a 1.4mm drill bit to make your own. Check a good hardware store or tool supply, even a hobby shop might have material to make one. Much cheaper than a new carburetor. Good luck.

Tom

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
an NT carb right?

Aren't NT Speed carbs selling shipped in their entirety for about $18 shipped at boygofast on ebay?

and aren't the old stlye NT carbs ("50 cc") abot $13 shipped? If you just want that or a part....

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't think the diameter of the pin is really that critical. pretty close would be good enough.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
just take a bread bag tie the one with the metal inside strip off the plastic and slide it thought the holle and twist.. simple just make sure it functions etc.. and check on it after a month because that metal is not designed to be in gas it might rust.. simple and free fix