New Build...Street Fighter style...

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks. I was thinking about that. I already had the billet clamp. Still tossing around some ideas......

Jeff....my previous final gear ratio was about 12.44 with the AGK jackshaft and 56t sprocket. I know if I run a 48t sprocket it will lower the gear ratio. What does that do to my overall speed....take off and whatnot?

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I ordered the bully clutch from Pat at sportsman. I'm not sure if it's an 11t or not, but I'm sure I can play around with sprocket sizes and just learn from trial and error....

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well...I got my rear drive sprocket situation figured out (I hope. Lol). Parts are on their way. Got my side cover drilled for the oil fill and vent. Now I just need to source a tap. The one ACE I went to was out of stock. I didn't feel like driving to the other one. I'm off of work for 4 days and going back home and getting in the pool and drinking beer sounded sooo much better!

So basically, just waiting on parts. Once everything arrives, I will mock it all up then off to get powder coated!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Received my rear drive sprocket today from bicycle designers. Looks of very good quality. Once I get it mounted up I will get more pics....

image.jpg

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Finally finished lacing in the new rear hub and truing the front wheel. I got some nice 12g spokes and I think my rear wheel drive set up is gonna work out....

wheels.jpg

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Making a little more progress. I am happy because the chaing alignment is spot on. I do not think I am going to be able to run a rear disc brake. So, it will be front hydraulic and a disc brake on the jackshaft.

I am still debating on whether to paint it myself or have it powder coated....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
Real tight on any set-up getting the rotor, top hat, sprocket and chain all lined up. I tried a bigger rotor to clear a 44 sprocket , but it rubbed the frame.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
That all depends.....but to answer your question, it does not REQUIRE a third mount. I, however, would have a third mount. A third mount will require some type of fabrication and that depends on if the engine is mounted horizontal or vertical.

You can go back through some older threads and see where members like Scott-o and Culvercityclassic have fabbed up different types of additional mounts...

Main thing is....you want the engine to be mounted sturdy and secure, and nice and tight!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I started prepping the frame yesterday and got the first coat of primer on. I will smooth it out and apply the second coat today if the weather holds out.

I can already tell this is going to test my patience! LOL

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hopefully I will have some color on the bike this weekend. My daughter is going to her grandparents for the weekend, so I will have time on my hands to buckle down and not get distracted.

I am also making a front motor mount utilizing the pedestal mount on the frame. I am making it out of aluminum and will then have it welded, seeing how I can not weld aluminum......

Will get pics up soon...

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks Dutch! I got those clamps from dansperformanceparts.com thanks to Culvercityclassic.

Well...looks like the bike will be off to powder coating. I have spent days prepping the frame, priming, wet sanding, etc....Last night I set it on a hook in my back room, one that it has hung on many of times before, and when I was walking out of the room I heard a loud TINK! The frame fell and scratched the eff out of the downtube :(

I was pretty bummed. I put in a lot of work, taking my time, paying attention to detail, and really wanted to see it through, but oh well.....

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
You where bummed, bummed? You see if that happened to me, no one in a 50 yard radius of me would be a happy camper.
Then I would punish myself even more by redoing the entire frame until the dawn's early light if I had to just to get it to the point it was at before it fell.
Then I'd be even more cranky by punishing innocent folks around me the next day due to that lack of sleep.
You sir are a much wiser man than I.

Thanks a bunch for that link. I wish I'd know about that before I started on mine. Good to know for my next project though.