!! WOOT !! Phoenix CL score!

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Few little mars and scuffs that most of which will polish out. Gonna make a keg tank and leather wrap with fringe and mabe the old SAVAGE Arms logo tooled in. :) Without the "arms" HS and 4G probably converted to belt drive. Thinking of the Monark II mit disk!

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Yup Thick Bricks Fat'uns :) 3 speed Nexus rides smooth like a Felt should. This one has been taken care of. just a little dust and a few surface mars.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What a great foundation to start with.
Keep us informed. I can't wait to see what you do
wth this one. Congratulations. Good find.

Tom

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Guys! It will be a while. I have MANY spare parts to start this build with but I've promiced myself to NOT bite off another project till I get my BTR done. And I'm really just starting to tear into that one.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I cant stop myself fooling around with this thing! laff I had some old cross brace bars laying around that I had decided not to use on somethnig else so.. On they went, and off came the longhorns. I swapped the 3 speed control to the non throttle side just to see how it would work. I had a layback seatpost I got off the Dude on RatRod bikes that I didnt like on the Twin; but it goes great on the Chief. The Brooks isnt staying. Thats for the BTR convertable Im working on; but I wanted to see how this old style seat looks on this build. Looks like Im a gonna have to find another newer Brooks in Tan or better yet Lepper Primus in tan ( if I can EVER find sombody on eBay Germany to ship to the U.S. ) Yes Truckd; I'll be looking at the Gyes also.

Attachments

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Awesome bike! I love the red Felts. I assume this was the build you were considering my keg tank for? With my short attention span I'd be looking at putting the 97cc Dooble Bug on this bike and get back to the BTR later but then that's why my garage looks like it does and I'm parking in the driveway! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Harold: Ya thats the project im thinking keg on. its a narrow steel frame. No point in messing with the top tube / tank, might hold a quart ( mabey ) when done. I think I have my solution but will know more when I have spare cash for more parts. Pickle: The function of the cross brace is to look cool... Errr, I dont know. laff Mabey sombody more knowledgable than I will know WHY they did this back in the 20's to 40's or so. ( but it does look dang cool ) and totally retro / vintage. Mabey Axel can help me with a German dealer for a Lepper seat. I'll have to PM him. OH! SO MANY SPRINGS!

Attachments

Last edited:

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Are sure you couldn't just put a seat on an old box spring from a kids bed? Might not have as many springs as that German seat but would weigh less!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The cross bar was there for strength. Early pipe was nowhere near as strong as the steel of today. The early bars started failing as soon as they got raced so they added the crossbar. Looking cool is just a side effect.