Better drive chains?

GoldenMotor.com

BoardTrackBomber

Nov 4, 2013
OK
Does anyone know about a better drive chain than the setup that comes in the kits? We have destroyed many of them many many times. I have rebuilt the chains more times than I care to count. While having a vice, punch and hammer makes it a doable job, I'm looking for a better alternative to the stock 415h chains. Anybody?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Lots of discussion on chain. Type in 'best chain' in the search and you'll have plenty to read > http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...3412j10#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=best chain&gsc.page=1

If we're talking about a Chinese 2 stroke kit many of us prefer a good quality #41 chain. Diamond, Browning, a couple of other brands and I'm sure you'll get some other suggestions but #41 is nearly unbeatable for our purposes.

Tom

BoardTrackBomber

Nov 4, 2013
OK
Cool, thanks for the information.

Going to look into getting some better chains tomorrow at one of the hardware or implement stores. Will post back with results.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Look for industrial #41 chain.
A box with enough for two bikes costs about $20bucks here in Memphis at a local hardware store.

BoardTrackBomber

Nov 4, 2013
OK
Well we put some #41 industrial chains on our bikes and so far so good. The chains were still cheapo Chinese made chains, but they do seem to be of superior quality to the drive chains that come with the engine kits.....

Thanks again to everyone who weighed in on this....