Crashing Into A Chain Barrier On A China Girl Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Re: Crashing Into A Chain Barrier On A China Girl

My favorite part @ 00:54 : (after a string of expletives) "Ouch!".

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Glad you weren't seriously hurt. But, I have to wonder why that chain was across a path. Was it to keep bikes out?

Tom

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois

Except for the interjected "Jesus" my phrasing would have been identical to yours. The sun, in the right or wrong place, can make simple things almost impossible to see. Very glad you & the bike were not seriously hurt.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming

The only thing that's funnier than the string of expletives is listening to you talk to yourself lol. Glad you came out ok! What was the physical damage?

Dan.

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei

Glad you weren't seriously hurt. But, I have to wonder why that chain was across a path. Was it to keep bikes out?

Tom
I'm not sure. I think it's there to keep cars from using that exit from the parking lot; that exit is at a crest of a hill. Just a guess.

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei

The only thing that's funnier than the string of expletives is listening to you talk to yourself lol. Glad you came out ok! What was the physical damage?

Dan.
Surprising to the bike, nothing. The chain must've first hit the front tire and then bounced up clearing the handlebars (it did catch the clutch handle which harmlessly turned) and then hitting me across both arms resulting in black and blue bruises on my biceps as well as a day or two worth of pain. Everything's great now.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa

I got clotheslined once (literally) cutting thru a vacant lot.
Does wonders to enhance one's situational awareness, don't
it.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Sure glad you're alright from that impact with the chain.... myself I would have been thanking God that I wasn't hurt bad instead of cursing him......and taking his name in vain......!

Again glad your ok physically from that accident.

Map reddd

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei

Hey mapbike --

Sure glad you're alright from that impact with the chain.... myself I would have been thanking God that I wasn't hurt bad instead of cursing him......and taking his name in vain......!

Again glad your ok physically from that accident.

Map reddd
I think the Good Lord knows the difference between one of my spontaneous outbursts and truly calling his name in vain. =)

Thanks for the good wishes.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Again aim glad you're ok and no offense intended and yes our intent is known by the all knowing.

It is a miracle you didnt have a serious face plant ...... that would have been horrible.....!

Happy safe riding wishes to ya...!

Peace, Map

.wee.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Why was the chain stretched across the path?

Obviously the chain had issues with sexual orientation that needed to be discussed on the spot.

That's my guess.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo

Russ, just viewed your video, same thing I did this July, only I hit a steel bar across a street in town doing 20! Bike and I flipped over bar landing with bike on top. I had some serious bruised shins and a male type pain as I rode the top bar down to the head set! Bent my fork back to the motor. Jerked it out and rode home! Tough guy, no?

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas

Welcome Russ,
When I got mine I crashed within the first 10 minutes. Had rash on both legs... Just another day on a motorized bicycle. lol

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa

worse places for a rash i guess.