Flying Pigeon Electric Mountain Bike project

GoldenMotor.com

orpheusmaximo

Aug 9, 2013
Las Vegas
Hey there, I will be posting photos of my Flying Pigeon Electric motorized bicycle project here. Always a lot of questions in my mind to develop a better electric bike than I had before. I regret not having taken pics of that bike when it was in shape, it was a beauty. But here are the main parts. I plan to install these on a 29" double-suspension mountain bike. The Flying Pigeon had a 29" frame with 26" tires apparently ( that's what it says on the tires ). Thanks for the support and hope to hear from y'all!!!

orpheusmaximo

Aug 9, 2013
Las Vegas
Tried to post links to photos, they wouldn't appear, I wonder if it's file size? I edited the 1 motorized bicycle to 300/400 k size and still nothing, so I decided to post the links to Photobucket. Hopefully I will fix that later. Thanks.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
If the controller doesn't have a throttle connector I would get a 48v350w controller with a twist throttle and a 48v lipo battery pack for it. Why will it not fit the other frame? Is the frame to wide or is the motor too wide. It looks like it might be a single speed is it? If so that would explain that problem. I would focus on getting it to work at all before you worry about extra switches and whatnot.

orpheusmaximo

Aug 9, 2013
Las Vegas
I believe it's 21 speed, the gears are on the other side. It won't fit the frame of a motorized bicycle I bought on Wall-Mart, called HyperHavoc, a 26". The rear wheel Hub is just too thick.

orpheusmaximo

Aug 9, 2013
Las Vegas
It worked perfectly before I disassembled the bike, it had no problems. The bike frame broke, and that's why I had to disassemble it. Since I have to rebuild the whole thing I'm trying to apply what I always thought would make the bike better. I thought about trying to solder the frame, but it's in a point of extreme stress, it will probably just brake again.

orpheusmaximo

Aug 9, 2013
Las Vegas
The controller has three speeds as you can see. I call it helps-helps some-helps some more. It was never a fast bike, but it was a joy to ride, easy uphill, easy to gain speed as it assisted the pedaling. I love biking, so it was never about giving up pedaling for me, but making the ride easier and more enjoyable ( specially uphill ) and this bike did just that. It also had great double-suspension!

orpheusmaximo

Aug 9, 2013
Las Vegas
Question in relation to my project, please help those with the knowledge:

The swing arm of this bike has an interior spacing ( where the rear wheel with hub engine and gears go ) of 5.7 inches / 14.5 cm.

Question: Is this regular spacing for a 24 speed bike ( it's wider than on my 21 speed spare bicycle)????

I'm asking to know if I could just drop the hub engine in any 24 speed bike frame. Thanks!