At night it's, All Cagers Eyes On Me!

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
strobes on the headlight seems a bit disorienting to me...possibly illegal too.
How do the cops like it?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
strobes on the headlight seems a bit disorienting to me...possibly illegal too.
How do the cops like it?
Strobe lights are widely used on all kinds of bicycles and are perfectly legal on them. They are not legal at night in California for any "motorcycle" or car though. Daytime is fine. Anything goes on a bicycle. No matter what time of day it is. LOL

Cops out here don't have time to deal with motorized bicycles as long as you got your helmet on your head and follow the rules of the road.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Great! I'm always looking for ways to stand out at night since I ride in the dark a LOT.
I have a red flashing led on the back currently and have been looking at adding a headlight (mostly to satisfy that one gung-ho rookie cop)
Your setup looks outstanding.
Let's see some cager claim he didn't see YOU now...

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Great! I'm always looking for ways to stand out at night since I ride in the dark a LOT.
I have a red flashing led on the back currently and have been looking at adding a headlight (mostly to satisfy that one gung-ho rookie cop)
Your setup looks outstanding.
Let's see some cager claim he didn't see YOU now...
LOL. It could be disorienting for the bike rider on a pitch black road or trail but on a city street with other cars and street lights it would be fine. You really need a headlight aimed straight ahead to get cagers attention and another set of lights aimed at the ground to light up the road. I can't seem to get my single headlight to do both. It does one or the other very well though.

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
hope no epileptics are driving towards you...

i was at a pick-a-part a little while back and there's a ton of old BMW sedans with 4" Hella factory headlights. the "Z" beam lenses are just glued on, and if you're careful, you can pop them off.

i wasn't thinking about it at the time, but i shoulda grabbed a couple to make bike headlights.

i've got an idea using a dynohub and one of those bazillion candle powered rechargeable spotlights...

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
hope no epileptics are driving towards you...

i was at a pick-a-part a little while back and there's a ton of old BMW sedans with 4" Hella factory headlights. the "Z" beam lenses are just glued on, and if you're careful, you can pop them off.

i wasn't thinking about it at the time, but i shoulda grabbed a couple to make bike headlights.

i've got an idea using a dynohub and one of those bazillion candle powered rechargeable spotlights...
LOL I almost met Jesus by way of an oncoming car turning across my path at dusk. My light was on but barely cause the battery was almost dead and I didn't know it. So I installed this strobe module. It has also has a Steady On mode for night riding. During daylight I have it set to strobing.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
JEBUS ! I think Im gonna have a seizure watching that video! laff That aughta keep em off ya. But you might get pulled over for immatating an ambulance. EDIT: LOL! Just saw Bard's coment...

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
JEBUS ! I think Im gonna have a seizure watching that video! laff That aughta keep em off ya. But you might get pulled over for immatating an ambulance. EDIT: LOL! Just saw Bard's coment...
As long as the light is white and not red or blue then I should be fine. I'll take my chances. It only looks mind altering in a pitch black alley. LOL

agcat111

Mar 28, 2013
Utah
That is good work. I think that the local police would pull me off the road if II would use flashing strobe at night, not too kosher. I would like a constant on type lighting sytem for a headlight and as I am looking at a motor that has a 12V generator so that I could have lights and turn signals. Got any ideas on a llight system? I know that I can get a motorcycle turn signaal switch easily. I would love to see a local club and local races. I would not like to enter races but would attend club meeting and could be in the pit crew foor a racer.

Last edited:

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
I have a couple of 2 pin/connector led flashers coming for my rear tailight as I run a 12v system but don't wish to wear a bicycle flasher but want to be more noticeable day or night.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Holy crap no doubt. I also added dual 9w cree headlights so that should light up things at night!
Cree is the only way to be. I have a single 20 watt Cree headlight. I never thought 20 watts could ever produce that kind of intense white 6000k light. It's as white as a HID light.