What? No more Death Races!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wow man, I'm really sad and sorry to hear that. Pat and I were talking (just yesterday) about our trip out there to the next one......it was truly a blast Dave. I'm sure many others will be very bummed as well but I'm sure there is a good reason for this.

I'm in shock. Well Happy New Year and hope we meet at the races again next year!

zpt

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
What? What? What?
Say it ain't true! I was definitely going this year just to say we went one a nice road trip and to finally try out the track in Az.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Well, that's too bad. I hope someone steps up and keeps em going, but Tucson is so far for many people in Cali. Wish I could make it to one.

I heard from Neil today that the SoCal race on the 7th is still on. I hope you'll show your support Dave, even if you're not going to be there.

Crazy how far a lil bit of competitiveness will take people! Competition to make a race! :D

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I will for sure miss the race and the track. I was going to attend this race on 2012. If I can help keep this going please let me know Dave.
The next SoCal Motor Bicycle Race is on Saturday April 7th 2012 so the
question to all of you that want to go to both races is how many weeks
between them works for you?

I would say at least 3 weeks to 4 weeks?

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Thanks Dave for the support, and sorry to hear about future Death Races. The death race is really what inspired me to build these Motorized Bicycles, and now I'm hooked.

As far as race schedules, I think 2 months between races now matter where they are held, or who runs them is right. On a limited budget, bike repairs, tune ups, then saving for gas and hotel could still be pushing it, not to mention a new build or two.

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
1ST A big thanks to Dave for all his previous efforts. He hosted world class events & it was 100% fun.
And Thanks to Him & Ed at freedom cycles for the help lasy spring.

Being a longdistance racer...it would actualy be better for me to have the events in consecutive week ends & save me a trip out west. But I am the odd man out.

Just tell me which event is the "World championship" of motored bike racing & I will be there.

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Dave31, thanks for being the frontrunner in organizing a sport beloved by many. You ran all events with class. See you at the tracks,

Will W aka SoSauty.flg.

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
Of course the Nazi 20 mph Tucson ordnance will have to be respected.
I wonder what the original intent was behind those speed limits? Seems like most places have restrictions of 25 mph (or less) on anything that isn't a car or motorcycle....

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I wonder what the original intent was behind those speed limits? Seems like most places have restrictions of 25 mph (or less) on anything that isn't a car or motorcycle....
I can't recall ever seeing a speedy pedaler getting a citation.

But my x BIL managed to get a DUI on a bicycle!

just the usual SS citations to kids not wearing helmets and being on the sidewalk in the wrong town.

HMMM.

I think I'll start a speed thread with a poll...
rc