Lawyers Advice

GoldenMotor.com

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
I talked to a lawyer and he said that 98 99 percent of these motorized bicycle cases get dismissed because the state attorney has bigger fish to fry. Hes not going to waste time and effort on someone who has no criminal record whatsoever and was simply misinformed about the laws. when he can concentrate on dui murder and big stuff. turns out i might not be worth the effort but im going to go ahead and email the state attorney the link to that document wich the lawyer suggested and hope for the best. he has handled these motor bike cases before There are so many conflicting stautes and laws its extremely confusing so that plus me selling the bike off and no criminal history whatsoever should work in my favor as well.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Yup. For those of us who do still ride without a dl though, i wonder if, when u go to court and they dismiss the the ticket. Will they give us something saying we can still ride? I hope. I've gotta go to court for drivin' a moped without a dl, so i hope they do dismiss this and i'm going to ask if i can still ride and if so can they provide me with a sheet telling me so with a signature.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I'm pretty sure they will still get you for not having a DL. Just plain stupid! They need to consolidate all the laws and regs. pertaining to bikes with motors into 1 new law.

Terry

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Yeah. With my eyesight, i cant get a dl. I can't read anything from afar off. I hope they take that into consideration.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I don't know about Florida (lived there 28 years) anymore, but here in Alabama, I had a accident..someone rear ended me to the tune of a $750.00 bumper.. Officer asked for License, registration and insurance card. Son borrowed my truck and had card in his wallet..had to go to court, to show I had insurance at the time of the accident, which I did. All in one sentence... JUDGE "I'll dismissed the case...Court cost $145.00". Bout fell on the floor..said ... I asked "say again", "JUDGE" $145.00, blame it on the legislators". Had to pay on the spot.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i live in PA, and iv been busted once.. but even though i got a x motor reg. inspector that worked for the stat before becoming the cop that pulled me over. he was easy on me.
he told me that straight up i cant ride it without a license, inspection and all that... and when i said it was just a bike i could ride with the motor off.. he shock his head and said the same thing again. then drove off.. never got out of the car. dident even follow me home to see if i started it again..

iv passed cops close to 10 times now from the first encounter. none of them seem to bat an eye at me?? so im really unclear on how they feel about my bike.. id like to think they have better things to do.. but knowing that at least one cop knows the law. and gave me my free pass already. makes riding hear alot less fun then it started out.:(

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Yup. Its fun till you get pulled over. I'm hesitant to ride now since i got pulled over a week ago. Even though i have passed cops in my county and they just stared as i rode past. But 2000ft into another county i get pulled over and ticketed. How crude.

bishop letov

Jul 3, 2011
Bucks County , Pennsylvania
i live in PA, and iv been busted once.. but even though i got a x motor reg. inspector that worked for the stat before becoming the cop that pulled me over. he was easy on me.
he told me that straight up i cant ride it without a license, inspection and all that... and when i said it was just a bike i could ride with the motor off.. he shock his head and said the same thing again. then drove off.. never got out of the car. dident even follow me home to see if i started it again..

iv passed cops close to 10 times now from the first encounter. none of them seem to bat an eye at me?? so im really unclear on how they feel about my bike.. id like to think they have better things to do.. but knowing that at least one cop knows the law. and gave me my free pass already. makes riding hear alot less fun then it started out.:(

I live in pa too and the pa vehicle code states simply.. 50 cc or less, 2 hp or less and cannot go faster then 24 mph on a flat with no head wind and a 150# rider on it...

More then 50cc, thats why print shops are our friend.. have a 49cc sticker made up. More then 24 mph then mass with the carb before they make you ride it.

Been riding mine in south eastern bucks for a bit now and always drive past cops . matter of fact .. I passed a cop on a mtb on the bike trail at a local park and he didnt even say anything.

Ill get the pa vehicle code statue up when I find it in the mess that is my filing system...

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Yup. For those of us who do still ride without a dl though, i wonder if, when u go to court and they dismiss the the ticket. Will they give us something saying we can still ride? I hope. I've gotta go to court for drivin' a moped without a dl, so i hope they do dismiss this and i'm going to ask if i can still ride and if so can they provide me with a sheet telling me so with a signature.
They may dismiss the case, but they definitely will NOT provide you with a letter stating you can ride it.

It's illegal in Florida to have a gas powered bike.
It's an unregistered moped.
You can't register a bike with a gas motor in Florida.
If you do Ride one and they ticket you, if you have a license, they will only give you a ticket for unregistered vehicle.
If you don't have a license, they will also ticket you for unlicensed driver.
(I know you can't register it, but that doesn't make it legal.)
Get an electric bike and be done with it.

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
they could have made it clear that these damn things were not street legal when i bought the damn thing some people are saying they are legal others say they are not. Geeze pick one already!! the courts gonna dismiss this ridculous thing no doubt. the registration the only thing on the ticket!