Pic Request: Really cool looking motorized mountain bikes

GoldenMotor.com

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
I'm considering building a motorized mountain bike. Until now I've always done cruisers. Not sure if I like mountain bikes enough to motorize one though, post up some pics of them looking awesome please.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Schwinn Aluminum Comp (problematic build, not 'nuff room for the motor);

And a coupla years & roughly 8000 miles of abuse with two tanks (busted studs), three carbies, countless replacement brake pads, cables, tires & chains an' other lil bits I'm sure I'm fergittin' lol;

I should prolly wash it... lol, yea right :p

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm
Sure a Mountian bike with an engine would be alot more fun to ride than a cruiser but that's just me.
They are both just as fun to me. There are differences, some being the riding position and stand over height, giving cruisers have a little advantage because of a lower center of gravity. (but not much) Plus they look cooler.

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
This is my Specialized Hard Rock MB

Last edited by a moderator:

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
This pic is 4 months old. I currently don't have the xchamber mounted. Still haven't gotten around to get it welded. I'll take a new pic tonight and post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
This is my opinion on motorize mountain bike. It has gears making it very easy to pedal. I have a motorize hybrid with 20 gears, I hardly notice much of a difference pedaling with an engine. I like to exercise by pedaling and when I want to have fun I turn on my engine. With a cruiser I find it hard to pedal especially uphill with the engine off. If you still like to pedal often then I highly recommend a mountain bike, you could also do off roading which is hella fun!

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
This is my opinion on motorize mountain bike. It has gears making it very easy to pedal. I have a motorize hybrid with 20 gears, I hardly notice much of a difference pedaling with an engine. I like to exercise by pedaling and when I want to have fun I turn on my engine. With a cruiser I find it hard to pedal especially uphill with the engine off. If you still like to pedal often then I highly recommend a mountain bike, you could also do off roading which is hella fun!
Agreed! Off roadin' is lots of fun!

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I have a Shimano XTR 18 speed. Rigid frame, 26"x 1.95 wheels, no suspension, but it handles well. I've gotta get a cruiser seat though. The mtn bike seat has no suspension at all. I feel every bump, every crack in the road. lol

Last edited: