My moterized bike's story

GoldenMotor.com

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
This bike is my second bike that I have had this kit on and it only lasted two rides after getting it set up. The first bike I had It on did not work at all and the chain tensioner totally kept messing up. So I took it all off and put it on one of my dads aluminum front suspension bikes it is a taranchula mxr 1200s series 7000 aluminum bike(I know nothing of it manufactures info or what quality the bike is). It worked great on it for the two rides it went on and then the motor left me stranded 20 miles between towns for 6 hours on my way to work one day. I did not have all the proper tools to build this bike with only a drill and a few tools, no real shop tools or nothing man I can only imagine what I could have done with a welder and a couple other tools. Me and my father made a front motor mount and modified the rear drop out so that the rear wheel could move back and forth about a half an inch for chain adjustment( got rid of that stupid tensioner that came with the kit). It took a long time to get it on a bike the first time and I only got to do a little bit of riding it before I switched bikes and then it quit. Oh I almost forgot after the first ride on the new bike, you wont believe this one wait for it, it got stolen from the neighborhood crackheads it took the rest of that night and all day the next day but I got it back in almost the same condition it was taken from me in. I made a police report and then went looking for it and talked to a old couple in the trailer park and she said that she had had a bike stole from the house on the corner. So I took my search there and made one of the guys tell me that there buddies had bought it from someone and that he would see if he could get it back, as I was leaving I told the guy that I was going to tell the cops about what he had told me. I was about to leave when he said "give me a half hour and I will see what I can do for ya". I went back and he said he needed to take me some where I am a real big strong guy and my dad was there to follow us so I said sure and he took me to a church and left and there it was in between the church and a shed behind it(obviously where he had just left it in the time I had left his house and went back). Oh and he made me promise(yea right) to pay his friend 40 dollars who had paid 40 dollars for it from this other guy he new(I thought to my self what a convenient amount of money just enough to get a good amount of drugs), so before he left he asked me for it and I said **** no it is mine I made it and you can **** off he left and I got my bike back. I tried to go to work on it the next day and it only made it about 5 of the 23 miles I had to go and there I sat for 6 or more hours can't remember. At least I had a Nintendo ds with me and the place I broke down was right beside an apple orchard and it was still summer sort of it got cold later in the day, at least I was prepared for the cold ride home. and then things happened I moved and I bought a car(that broke shortly after I bought it, after writing this I'm kinda starting to see a pattern I need to make this happen and break this string of bad luck that started with the motor on the bike lol) and that brings all ya up to date on my second motobike thanks for reading and if you got a motor that you can spare for a few bucks let me know

peace out

this is me now :-|| and this is what I want .xx.brnot.shft.xct2

p.s. oh if anyone know anything about my mountain bike let me know

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Thank you, it did teach me a lesson though do not leave things out side for even 5 min crackheads move real fast.....no actually buying this motor has been a pretty crappy birthday present that I bought my self a year ago lol

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I got him good I think I maid him piss his pants I think he thought the police were really going to come. I just wish I could find a motor for around 50 bucks that is a good engine I will not do the cheapest ebay kit again the motor only lasted like 60 miles, but just out of curiosity what happened to you just don't use any names peace out or send me a pm

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
zoom bicycles makes a good cheap kit but the gas tank is crap with rusty bolts that snap easy.I got a tank from piston bikes that is excellent.I also bought a racing carb from zoom and a duel boost bottle kit from boost inductions.well worth the money they increase torque and exceleration at lower speed and idle and take off from a dead stop!good luck finding a motor!you can get one from boy go fast for about $85 on e bay

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
the kit o got from zoom was a good kit and great tank i guess its just your luck wether it was handled properly or not

and why was my post deleted its not like i actaully said i was gunna beat the living **** out of that guy i only said that he wouldnt be trying anything like that again

whats with all the hatin on wildalaska what to wild for ya

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
lol,

When the guy asked me for the $40 again I really wanted to tear him out his car and you know kinda like do bad bad things to him but the thought of jail was about the only thing that kept me from doing it, I mean for him to just walk by and take something that I had put in about 100 hours of work into man it still gets me really mad especially because it quit working after I got it backlaff

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
see thats it man i wouldnt be going to jail casue the guy or any witnesses wouldnt be willing to testify against me and also i would have handled it in a way that there were no witnesses

but anyway crack heads are all the same i can always tell a crack head out cause they are always sanning for the next scam always have those large white eyes looking around like what am i going to steal next

when a crackhead drives by me and looks me over i give em that sinister look like come on out you son of a bit ch and give it a try itll be fun that usually keeps them away chasing after easier targets but the key is you have to be willing to back up that stearn stare and agressive body language with action you know not really looking for a fight but ready and willing to go full throw

people dont mess around with me if they do well they learn

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Well I guess the best answer to why I did not ride it home is I did not sleep the night before working on it all night long just to ride it to work for a 10 hour shift so I was completely spent and I slept by the road side under an apple tree real peacefully. Oh and I am a fat ass I mean I could have and I have ridden longer distances but this time it was just not going to happen, and that's right thinking about this I just remembered the biggest reason I did not ride it home was that I worked on it so long and I thought it was good to go and I was tired and did not tighten the crank arm bolt so after about a block or two it got unrideable
:-||

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well I guess the best answer to why I did not ride it home is I did not sleep the night before working on it all night long just to ride it to work for a 10 hour shift so I was completely spent and I slept by the road side under an apple tree real peacefully. Oh and I am a fat ass I mean I could have and I have ridden longer distances but this time it was just not going to happen, and that's right thinking about this I just remembered the biggest reason I did not ride it home was that I worked on it so long and I thought it was good to go and I was tired and did not tighten the crank arm bolt so after about a block or two it got unrideable
:-||

I know where you're coming from. When I was in the middle of building my bike I was obsessed with working on it till all hours. One thing I learned, and now I guess you have to is, you need to spend some time on a shakedown run before heading out in the brave new world. My bike had a few minor issues in the first few miles too.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I only did it like that because it was my only way to work no one would give me a ride and all the cars were broken so it kinda sucked and then no one would come get me off the side of the road I can't wait to get my new motor :-||

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Just a couple more days and then I can place my order for my new kit I really hope zoom bicycle comes through good, I will never buy one from eBay again.
xct2

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i got my kit from zoom bicycles in spring it has been ok the kit components arent that above aany other kit quality but i have abusd my motor in many ways mostly out of ignorance and it starts very easy even with out a choke or primer

a few things i did to motor didnt break it in (didnt know what a break in was),ran it on 16:1 oil for hundreds of miles and used outboard oil instead od regular 2 stroke oil,esud engine for bracking down long hills alot(out of ignorance),ran it without any back pressure for about 50 miles (again out of ignorance),broke exaust stud and put in heli coil for stud it didnt work so now my exaust is held on by clamps,

heres af ew things i did to the carb fist was take off the choke cause it kept vibrating on second my tickler valve broke somehow and kept flodding the motor so i took it off and pluged hole with a bolt third had to bend the flange once to keep it from flodding

as for the kit components the tank was in good shape good paint job no rust, the twist grip throttle broke almost right away i used a brake handle to this day, the fuel hoses are krap along with petcock and inline fuel filture the cables have held up fine so far

ohh one of the worst problems i had was the cheap chain tensioner derailing the chain

aside from all its faults i still like the zoom kit

so far no problems with magnetos or coil and the kill switch works fine

of course my motor has a caked case from all the oil leaks from ****y gaskets but its all good to mme as long as i get to where i want to go

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Ordered my new motor last night and this morning I got a fedex tracking number yea I can't wait I want to get mobile again walking sucks

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Oh and about the chain tensioner yea they suck on my original kit I set it up so that I did not need the tensioner that is after it failed and broke my chain

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Awaiting delivery this morning it's on it's way from Salem at 8 am it should not take longer than 2 hours to get to Corvallis and then however many stops the truck has is should be here by 11 am yea I can't wait. I will get to open the box this time, the first motor was opened by my de ta de brother he had the carb on the motor and the whole box was gone through before I even got to see what I had payed for.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i am jumping up and down with excitment not for you just remembering opening up my first box its a euphoric experience to receive a motorkit

its fun to open that box up and take one part out at a time and looking it over and knowing where it goes and what funtion it has i remember the first time i had no instructions but a picture of a completed bike and had to figure out how everything went together looking back that was fun even with the frustration

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
So at 2 pm today I found out I had a voice mail from the FedEx guy. He said that my road does not exist and that he could not come back my way today and the soonest he would be back was Friday, so after explaining my situation briefly he agreed to meet me at a local 7/11 in twenty minuets. I got dressed like the flash and then ran out the house and drove my mother in laws minivan like I was speed racer. Where I sat fidgeting and twitching waiting for him to get there I remember only being there a few seconds and I was already thinking what was taking so long and what did I miss him, I even went inside and asked the lovely Indian couple(no racism here or nothing but I could only think that they were Apu and Manjula from the Simpson lol) if they had seen a FedEx truck yet, like they new if there was supposed to be a FedEx truck waiting there for me or not. They said they had not seen one so I went back out to the van and continued to wait in the warmth of the van because it is like freaking 25 degrees here in Corvallis Oregon today. Now it felt like this took for ever to happen today, but when I got home I checked the FedEx tracker again and it said it was scanned and signed over to me at 2:38pm. So I could not have been waiting no more than something like 5 mins lol. I think someone may have slipped me something lol I was going like a hundred miles an hour, I can only imagine what the clerks must have thought. I bet I looked like the fattest crackhead ever eyes all wide with excitement and the crazy look in them along with my crazy Doc like(from back to the future it is blond and not white but when I get old if it don't fall out I will be a fat version of Emmit brown) hair really must have made me look crazy lol. So on to the package I just opened first impression is that this motor is bigger and a little heavier it looks stronger and slightly better engineered and the parts especially the exhaust(the one from my first kit was real crap even had a hole from what looked like rust **** I don't even know if the motor was new after comparing them now) all look a slightly higher quality of engineering. I took the intake port of and it has some flashing not much but I think I will be removing it. I was unimpressed with the carb though I was hoping it would actually be better but at least the intake cover wont fall off on the first block this time. Anyone have any ideas on anything I should do to the motor like grease anything like that? I wonder what I could take a carb off of that would not be to big or to small for this motor, I will probably ask these question in the proper forum and thanks for reading and peace out .bld.