Trailer park snow ride...

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Oh yea buddy...got no choice...i ended up toasting my magneto from that run...I'm effin tired of having to change the damn magneto all the damn time...****ing crap...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You're an animal, Wicked.
After a near fall on a wet street I wouldn't leave my driveway in snow.

Went for a ride today with a friend. When we left it was 56 degrees and sunny. We got back to the house 2 hours later and it was about 40, cloudy and windy. An hour later it was snowing and now, four hours later we have three inches on the streets. My bikes will be in the garage until the streets are dry again.
Hat's off to you sir. But it does look like fun.

Seal up your magneto cover where the wires exit and put some silicone on the gasket surfaces. Your mag shouldn't get wet.

Tom

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Tom, I did every thing you said, I think it was my headlight that got damp and toasted it...gotta switch over to my 6volt batteries

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i was changing some tires for a friend,the tire changer is in the same building i park the bike,if it had gas i woulda gone for a ride,need knee and elbow pads to go with my helmet.i cant afford a hard fall and being off work.i remember pedaling in the snow,was always fun.
dirt bikes are hard to ride,we tried it a few times,works ok on fields in the deeper snow.

al least you got the nerve to go for a ride.

Last edited:

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
i was changing some tires for a friend,the tire changer is in the same building i park the bike,if it had gas i woulda gone for a ride,need knee and elbow pads to go with my helmet.i cant afford a hard fall and being off work.i remember pedaling in the snow,was always fun.
dirt bikes are hard to ride,we tried it a few times,works ok on fields in the deeper snow.

al least you got the nerve to go for a ride.

Its more an itch for disaster I'd say...everytime I go in the snow I eff my bike up in one way or another...need a magneto...again

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
today wasnt so good for MB's.....I had the whizzer out for a short spell and nearly froze even though I was dressed for it......gonna hafta wait till warmer weather

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
today wasnt so good for motorized bicycles.....I had the whizzer out for a short spell and nearly froze even though I was dressed for it......gonna hafta wait till warmer weather
No fun in watching the mb just sitting there...unless its pouring rain outside I ride it every day even if only just around the block...id rather be riding than staring at it

dnut

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I agree totally. I just installed my new fenders (didn't have them before), and took a sloppy ride this morning in the melting snow here on Long Island. I told Wicked the other day that I'd just lost a(nother) magneto two days back in the rain, a proper set of fenders woulda' saved me a lot of aggravation. Not a drop of splash-back on me or the engine now! (although I do have a spare magneto on its way from eBay)

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Oh, didn't realize you were from CT too, Racie. I lost my last magneto on Wednesday night during that torrential rain-storm we had. I took a ride from Bridgeport to Derby that night, and was caught in it on my way back in Shelton. I decided to break the law in favor of a more direct route home, and hopped on Route 8. I got as far as the Bridgeport boarder when she finally gave up the ghost. ****ty peddlefest home in the wind and rain; I'll always carry my spare with me from now on.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
yup Mystic area.....have you ever tried spraying your mag with wd40 or something like it so water doesnt cause probs? I didnt know bikles could go on rt 8?