New jersey laws?

GoldenMotor.com

beserkr

Mar 3, 2012
Mesa Az
hey guys i have a friend moving from az to nj. i moved the **** out of the state because it is a police state and just about anything is illegal there. u cant even fart with out getting charged with assult assault, no joke look it up!
anyway i was wondering if anyone knows the laws regarding motorized bikes in bergen county?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here's what New Jersey 39:1-1 says:

"Motorized bicycle" means a pedal bicycle having a helper motor characterized in that either the maximum piston displacement is less than 50 cc. or said motor is rated at no more than 1.5 brake horsepower or is powered by an electric drive motor and said bicycle is capable of a maximum speed of no more than 25 miles per hour on a flat surface.

If my memory serves me correct you'll have to register and insure it as well. Also 39:4-14(3a) is the starting point most of section 14 is on motorized bicycles in New Jersey law.

Last edited:

SpecialX

May 1, 2012
Florida
Which basically means, you're S outta luck..
From what I understand, The NJMVS won't register any bicycle with any kind of motor, unless it's on their approved list of mopeds /scooters.
And no insurance companies that I know, will insure a bicycle, just because there's no VIN.

NJ SUCKS!
Lol

beserkr

Mar 3, 2012
Mesa Az
That state sucks! I moved to Az from there six years ago and have no plans to ever go back! Its the a hole of the us.