First build Finished!

GoldenMotor.com

highonthai

Mar 27, 2012
Los Angeles/Chiang Mai
Well it's Finished, Took me three and a half weeks.
No vibrations, runs well and overcame a many issues associated with a Nerve chopper build. I just need to change the pedals to black and the air-filter to red.
So now that I have this first build behind me maybe I'll put to use what I learned on this project and do a board tracker...

Pictures of the finished chopper.
https://picasaweb.google.com/101554361244517358314/FinishedChopperMotobike?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOCE3au11b6gBA&feat=directlink

Pictures of the build are in the chopper section under Nerve build.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=38047

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very nice build. You did a heck of a job hiding the engine. Stealth and still a good looking motorized bike. The pin striping came out great, as did the rest of the bike. Thanks for sharing with us.
How does it ride? As good as it looks?
Tom

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
That's very nice, ty!

You did great work!!!

A LARGE open space in the frame profile look, but gosh, your CG has got to be AWESOME !
I like that part a LOT!

I'll bet it handles like a feather in spite of the length.

I gotta go look at those pics again!
rc

highonthai

Mar 27, 2012
Los Angeles/Chiang Mai
Thanks guys,
It does ride nice, I was pleasantly surprised even though Tom/2door (another Nerve guy) told me it would. From the start I knew that the only way I was going to build this was to get the engine mounted low and with the best possible CG.
I'm new to this motored bicycle thing, but don't understand why some of the builds here are not concerned with weight distribution and or center of gravity.
Funny though, I did call a couple of shops for some info and they told me I could not do it without their "special mounts" I just didn't not want it to look like I just bolted on a kit.
I just hate U bolt clamps! (Reminds me of old TV antennas)
Now if I can just get up to Colorado I'd go cruising with 2door, if he ever gets his seat back... (wink,wink)
Thanks again guys.