Legal question

GoldenMotor.com

gbortnick

Oct 1, 2011
Seymour, Tn
I live in Tennessee and we have a law that says if our engine is under 50 cc, top speed is 30, and only has 2 brake hp you don't need a license, registration, or insurance. I saw a post where a guy took a 6 hp Honda which is way over 50 cc, and put it on a pusher trailer. He could get speeds up to 75 mph. I would have to change my pants at that speed!! He stated because this was on a pusher trailer, it would not be considered a motorcycle or even a motorized vehicle. Does anybody have any knowledge or input on this trailer stuff?cvlt1http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/cvlt1.gif

George

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I can't help you, but I know that when it comes to MBs and legal issues, 99% of what you read on the net is wrong.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
then you might have people tell you that if your pusher trailer had a ladder on it that there is no law to have a ladder pusher motor.
so that makes it legal.

best thing for you to do is pull up your states laws & do a search for key words like bicycle, definition of bicycle, motorised, & pusher trailer. then report what you find. then argue with people that live in another state that think they know your laws better.

KonaTitanMan

Nov 23, 2008
Scarborough, ME
I have yet to see any state law anywhere classifying push-trailers. Since the motor there is not in any way part of the bike then it would be very difficult for an officer to write you for an engine-related violation... except for "Rules of the Road" violations that have nothing to do with whether has a motor associated with it.