Future build: 23", Skyhawk 66CC, SBP shift kit, other goodies

GoldenMotor.com

CharlesT

Mar 27, 2011
Ohio
The bike, a Motobecane Cafe Sprint with the upgraded wheels and brakes. ($650)

The motor, Upgraded Skyhawk 66CC ($225)

The Shift kit, SBP HD shift kit ($200)

Speedo and odometer, Planet Bike Protegé 9.0

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That frame on the bike pictured looks like a 16"....maybe an 18" frame and you're building a 23" frame. I'm guessing then that you're at least 6'3" tall or taller. That is a very large frame. SBP recommends 1-1/2" between the rear tire and seat tube, I don't think a 16" frame has that clearance, however a 23" frame might. This was my concern with you using a shift kit on this bike.....nothing more.

dnut

This frame looks to be about an 18", it's got more room for the engine, but looks tight for a shift kit....

Last edited:

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
I like the bike, it looks bad a** , and agile. just make sure you get the rest of the goodies.( Like expansion chamber, boost bottle, pull start,and nos kit. I've even installed a rechargable battery that is charged with a stepper/generator. (So no need for Batts.) The nos is mounted in the front bag on my (Giant Boulde.. Oh! and try and fashion up yourself a wind shield lol. And no BS aside? Make sure you get fenders, you will need them because of flying rocks and water lol. Safe rolling brother \\m//(^_^)\\m//

Attachments

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
Thanks CharlesT! What you're getting ready to do?!, is gonna be the best ride you'll ever need! My bike goes anywhere! **** i driven it everwhere lmao! And just a little more advise!? make sure before you install the engine?! horn out the intake/exaust ports with a dremel.. It'll help with it breathing a loy better. Higher revs, and lower torque :).. believe me when i say this! Everything you do better to your engine!? makes itmore your friiend on the road. I even had the crank shaft balanced with new heavier duty bareings pressed on before i installed it. They say its 2.75hp!? I'm pushing at least 3.6hp! i've had it up to 54.6 mph racing a scooter. Oh yeah! I did win! And i never used the NOS system lmao! So do youself a favor!and go all out on your build. Its worth it, believe me :).. (Ride Free Brother!)