aceleration problems

GoldenMotor.com

Ieataxolotls

Oct 27, 2009
Australia Melbourne
Hi everybody,

I have 2 problems that i need your help about (new 66cc engine)

1. Engine starts- then acelerates by it self but not to full speed, about about 5kmph , clutch pulled and in it revs high.

2.I throttle and it goes faster for a bit but dosnt go evenfaster but makes a high reving noise as if the clutch is pulled in when it is not

Ive built two bikes before and never encountered these problems before (different company 49cc tho)

Thanks

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
could have a kink in your throttle cable, or check the end of the cable housing at the top of the carb, sometimes it comes out of the carb and gets stuck on top of the housing causing the engine to rev high in neutral until you pop the housing back down into the carb. Also you may have the clutch arm adjusted a little too tight causing the clutch to not disengage all the way so it's like you are revving it up in neutral. Just some of the problems I've had in the past.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
probably need to take the clutch gear cover off and adjust the clutch a little. Hold your clutch in and turn the flower nut screw in some to adjust the clutch. I never had to do it but I am pretty sure thats the advice given by alot of the senior members here who have done it.