"E-Bike" Claims a 60 Mile Range

GoldenMotor.com

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
No peddles on this electric "bike" that claims a 60 mile range but it still looks like it may have a lot to offer for alternative transportation.

Check out the video at the bottom of the page on the first link below to see it in action. Looks like it could be a little top heavy but I suppose the battery pack could be reconfigured or down sized (something like the second model below which should have a much lower center of gravity).

AtomicZombie - LongRanger Electric Bike
--------------------------------
Here's another model that may also have potential.
Video at bottom of link.

AtomicZombie - Silent Speedster Electric Scooter

-----------------------------------
Here's a push trailer ... video at bottom of link:

AtomicZombie - CycleBully Electric Trailer
------------------------------------

More plans for more bikes on their home page:

AtomicZombie Recumbent, Trike, Chopper, Scooter and Electric Bike Plans
-------------------------------------

I haven't built or ridden any of these bikes so I can't comment on their road worthiness or safety ... they may or may not be OK ... just thought I'd pass along the site for discussion and "food for thought". Of course, these and all powered bikes should be used in a responsible and lawful manner.

.trk.

Last edited:

geeksquid

Feb 14, 2008
That guy has been selling those plans for close to 10 years. It's really not unique except for maybe the shape and overall look of it. His 60 mile range claim may be accurate, maybe not, but look how many batteries it has. Looks like 6 of them, so that hub motor could be upwards of 72volts. Anyone can put a hub motor on a bike and load it down with batteries. The main drawback for me, other than the odd look of it, is the fact there is no pedal power. I really don't care much about looks but would prefer to stick with the traditional bicycle. No pedals changes the designation of it. It's no longer a bicycle or a moped if the law wanted to get technical. It's a motorcycle.