72V 100A 60Ah 4.3kWh 10s24p 200lbs.....

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Your front brake caliper is badass man. Do you have some details on how you went about it?
I went nuts with a hand grinder on 1/4" plate steel then welded the custom bracket I made to the fork leg. The brake is a dual piston 250cc scooter brake. The fork crown is from a 1978 Suzuki SP 370 Enduro. The fork crown is still too narrow for my the front hub, which is actually a rear hub, to install anything other than a single bicycle disk rotor.

I should have bought a fork crown from at least a 500cc dirt bike so it would be wide enough for a motorcycle disk rotor or dual bicycle brake rotors.

I thought A 370cc fork crown would be big enough but I was only guessing at the time I bought it. Oh well, it works but with minimal clearance. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm gonna blend in with all the other bicycles on the road. Air pedaling all the way, cause I would need bionic legs to propel this thing, even on flat terrain.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I like the overall look, and the handle bars, but won't the lack of suspension be limiting?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I like the overall look, and the handle bars, but won't the lack of suspension be limiting?

Yes, you are correct. I will be limited to only 70MPH, on smooth surfaces. LOL

I will be no more limited than any suspension motorized bike riding on a skinny bicycle tire. The front tire has 12 PSI in it. The lack of air, is the suspension for now. I did find pit bike suspension forks that are actually the perfect size and will allow me to fit a motorcycle brake disk. I will also trade rear suspension for those ammo cans without hesitation. You can actually survive on a hard-tail bike in fairly good comfort.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Mike,
Any news on your motor and when it's being installed?
Well since the motor is completely worthless without the batteries/controller I would have to say it will be the last thing bolted to the bike. The 5kW Motor is 8" tall and I got 10.5" minimum clearance.

Am I trying to put off the 3 most expensive things for last? You could say that, yes.

Next up is:

LED Relay for front and back turn signals
Pedals and cranks
Rear hydraulic brake
Brake Regen button
Mirrors
139 dB Air Horn
7" LED Headlight
Front turn signal lights
72 tooth sprocket
Top Hat Adapter

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Doesn't make much sense for me to go with the 5kW motor. It's just too inefficient at high speed compared to the 10kW. No rocket science there. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Might as well just go with 96V 40Ah. Less loss thru wire heat and smaller cables to boot. It's settled then. LOL

Last edited:

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
DOH! I guess I was thinking this was another thread, that pic didn't look familiar.
I seem to be suffering from some kind of boneheadism of late.

Your Army bike looks great...maybe completely over kill but super cool.
I can just picture you doing wheelies on the beach with a 30foot rooster tail and flames coming out the back. :)

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
DOH! I guess I was thinking this was another thread, that pic didn't look familiar.
I seem to be suffering from some kind of boneheadism of late.

Your Army bike looks great...maybe completely over kill but super cool.
I can just picture you doing wheelies on the beach with a 30foot rooster tail and flames coming out the back. :)
Overkill for 60 lbs. of 96V 40Ah of A123 LiPo cells stuffed into both ammo cans. I just need to stay on top of the bone dry sand out here and not sink too much into it. Not sure my 4" tires are wide enough though.

Last edited: