Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser Anniversary Edition 90% Complete

GoldenMotor.com

RFPavlik

Apr 20, 2009
HAYMARKET, Virginia
Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser Anniversary Edition For Sale

NOTE: I am posting this bike for sale on 04/16/2011 by editing my originial post.

A couple of years ago I bought a 1995 Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser (Anniversary Edition), and since I am not mechanically inclined, I paid someone to motorize it with a 4 cycle engine. I really like the bike and put 800 miles on it the first summer until the engine blew. Since it was still under warranty I was able to get a new engine which I somehow was able to install, but was not able to adjust the carb and the throttle. Luckily, I found a friend who knew his stuff, and got the bike up and running. I put another 500 miles on it the second summer, but to be honest, it required a lot of mechanical TLC which my friend provided. When the bike stopped running the last time I was out, he was no longer interested in helping me and I can't clean a carburetor myself. So I'm selling the bike. Pictures are attached, I will accept any offer over $500.00 and you take care of the shipping. I am located in Haymarket, Virginia, in the event you are in the DC area.

Schwinn5.jpg

Schwinn10.jpg

Schwinn11.jpg

Schwinn6.jpg

Last edited:

mvandor

Feb 28, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
Very nice. I've got a Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser about that same color (mines pop bottle green). When I become convinced it has good potential for a commuter bike (so far so good) I'm gonna want to invest in a 4 stroke like you got there. BTW my fenders lasted all of about 4 weeks of solid riding before various vibrations busted the linkages holding them onto the frame- if you haven't you might want to post a question on how to secure them, I'd hate to see you have trouble keeping them on- it looks so much better

RFPavlik

Apr 20, 2009
HAYMARKET, Virginia
Thanks. The bike is now complete; I'll be posting an updated photo soon. Glad you like it. I get a lot of compliments on it and makes the day for anyone who experienced these bikes in the 50's.

I put 109 miles on it so far and there is so little vibration that everything is intact and tight. I'll talk to the guy who put this together to get his view on your comments.

Thanks again.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OH MAN, OH MAN!!!! That is my fantasy and "some day build"! Looks great RF. (The Deluxe and the Felt Heritage, but the felt, I am told doesn't have room for a 4 smoke) Purty work RF. Saving my penny's for that one! Local bike dealer only wants 600$ to get me a Deluxe. Good deal for that kind of quality.

some thing to consider is a brake/dyno hub forward Sturmey Archer Aluminium Front Hub X-FDD 20T

RFPavlik

Apr 20, 2009
HAYMARKET, Virginia
Yesterday was the first major test for this baby -- 75 miles and no problems. Overall, I have clocked 184 miles. It's a smooth rider with the 4 cycle engine and the front shock. Speed is in excess of 35 MPH but generally I ride in the 20 - 30MPH range. Probably will not have transmission problems because after the initial warm up, I keep the clutch engaged for the duration of the day. Kudos to GoFastBicycles who put this together for me and provides ongoing assistance.

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
Nice ride. I have two quick questions if you have time. 1) Are you running your lights off of the "white wire"? 2) How accurate do you think the speedo is? (I have one on order) Any help for this newbie would be appreciated. Thanks, Sharksfan.

trailblazerpete

Dec 12, 2009
Kitchener Ontario
Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser

Hi,I picked up a real nice Classic Schwinn this morning for $60.00, it's the 1st photo, I will put a 4 stroke Kit on this, the 2nd photo is of a trike I came across and liked the looks of,so, I purchased the Workman Trike a few weeks ago to convert to look like the Blue Trike,but, with an engine Kit on it..Sort of a Tall recumbent style for me....Should keep me busy for the winter.....
Pete

3 speed  schwinn.jpg

X3-AX%20Trike.jpg

Workman Trike.jpg

.trk

Guthrie

Jul 17, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I have this bike and I was wondering if you remember the rack that was put on it? I can't find a rack to fit over the fenders that will attach correctly. Looks really cool and keeping with the look of the bike.