Dawson Springs, KY

May 21-23 2009

Dirt Drags

"Roller Road Shootout"

Swap meet

Chat with the Experts

Vintage motobikes & scooters

Whizzers, Cushmans, and my new EZ motorbike

Special 50CC class on the "Roller Road" [Looking forward to hooking my EZ motorbike to test a completely stock motor]
.xx.
See ya all there.....

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Isn't this the gathering where the bikes go faster and all the girls look better and everyone gets along real good?!! I wish I was closer to the East Coast and the Bluegrass State for just a week or so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news,
Dawson Springs, KY is still on the map, and we were welcomed with open arms once again. The 2009 event was a great success, but wish more were able to attend. Many missed the greatest event of 2009, and for the many that attended let me borrow a phrase "It just doesn't get any better than this".

As the defending Whizzer record holder it was my duty to drive the 800++++ mile trip, and was informed early that "many" were on the way to change the history books for 2009.

Because of my busy schedule with the new motorbike company I wasn't able to make any changes to my Whizzer race bike. Because of limited space I wasn't able to take a bike for the show, a bike to ride, a bike to run on the "Roller Road', a bike to test the "Dirt Drags", and my new proto-type. I took my 1999 to ride, made a special clutch for my Dirt Drag bike to make it work on the Roller Road, skipped the show bike entry, and took my proto-type for stock testing [finished 3 place on the Roller Road, and first on the track].

Many of the foremost experts were there, however we did miss Terry & Audry McAllister [they had commitments with family high school Graduations]. We did manage to take several nice rides during the event, and the last ride only included high powered Whizzers & Cushmans that seldom slowed below 35 MPH and often peaked near 50 MPH. Only 3 Whizzers attempted the final ride where the hills were many and lots of power was needed to complete the course. Gerd, Henry, and myself found the terrian no match for our modified Whizzers. Of the 3 Whizzers on the ride only Henry's had the OHV motor, and both Gerd & myself sported modified flat head motors.

And now for the results of the competition......
Roller Road
50 CC motorbike
Ron Dow [Texas] 40 MPH [EZ Motorbike]
Mike McWhirter [Illinois] 35 MPH [EZ Motorbike]
Quenton [NC] 34 MPH [EZ Motorbike]

Whizzer [New Edition]
Roller road
Quenton [NC] 64 MPH @ 6965 RPM Stock [Whizzer]
Quenton [NC] 61 MPH @ 6590 RPM Modified [Whizzer]

Whizzer [Vintage]
Kenny Thomas [KY] 57 MPH Stock [Whizzer]

Whizzer [OHV]
Henry Becht [IN] 65 MPH [Whizzer]

Dirt Drags
50 CC motorbike
Quenton [EZ motorbike]

Modified Whizzer
Harmon Morress [OH] [Whizzer]

Stock Whizzer
Quenton [NC] [Whizzer]

OHV Whizzer
Not sure of winner, but it was either Henry Becht or Mike McWhirter [Whizzer]

One last note, Kenny changed the Roller Road [bigger load] to reflect more accurate road speeds, and in my case my bike goes faster on the street than on the Roller Road. My digitial Speedometer logged my Whizzer at 66 MPH, however the Roller Road tests only netted a 64 MPH reading. I suspect many may find their motorbikes just a little faster than the test would indicate. I like the readings on the "lean" side [more accurate], and the extra load will quickly flush out the weaker motors.

Have fun,

EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY