Spark plug threads in head stripped

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hey, the threads in the hole on the head stripped. i was wondering If I buy a zoombicycles slant head, if there is anything i should check or know before i purchase it. Thanks -Zach
I would order at the same time a few head gaskets. The head might increase the compression ratio, and you can decrease it by adding another gasket.

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
If you're going to spend the extra money on a new head, buy one that will actually do something.
Puch 50cc Hi compression head
puch moped 70cc hi compression head

I have the 50cc head on a 50cc motor, awesome cooling, better combustion, blah blah. Takes the same spark plugs, but while you're at it, try a BP6HS by NGK, and gap to .035". If you have a 66cc/80cc motor, get the 70cc head and bore out the bolt holes to 8mm (21/64") so they fit your 8mm studs.

I've compared the puch heads and the slant head side by side. The stock heads for all motors I build now go in the garbage, they're just not up to the task.

KidIcarus

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
man, those heads are real nice. It's a shame they are out of stock, or I'd pick one up. But my bike is my main transportation at the moment, and I can't do with out it for longer than a week or two. For the future, Thanks for the info!

MonkeySeller808

Sep 17, 2011
Hawaii, Oahu
Hi, you can go to your hardware or automotive store and buy something called a helicoil. This allows you to put stronger threads in a softer metal. Try it out they are not hard to install. Hope this helps or saves you money.