Have You Ever Found Anything Valuable While Motorbiking?

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
No good deed goes unpunished! LOL

Serves the jerk right, now he dosen't get his stuff back! He was stupid on top of that, he should have said "I'll be right there" you don'tl warn someone that the cops are comming!

A couple of years ago I was doing some shopping when I spied a wallet laying on the sidewalk. No money, but it had the guy's driver's license, credit cards, and a bunch of business cards with notes and numbers on the back. I figured they may be important to the guy so I walked over to a phone booth, found his number in the phone book and gave him a call:

Me: "Hi, I think I found your wallet laying on the sidewalk..."

Him: "What? You're the bastard who stole my wallet! You better have all my money!!"

Me: "No, I didn't steal anything. I found it laying on the ground. Sorry, there's no money, but I thought you may want the I.D. and other stuff..."

Him: "Where are you?"

Me: "I'm at the phone booth near the liquor store on Oxnard and Reseda..."

Him: "Good!! You better stay there because I'm calling the police and I'm going to prosecute you to the fullest extent of the.." [CLICK]

I hung up the phone, walked around to the back of the store, tossed the wallet into the dumpster, and left.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I was dropping my wife off at the bus station. It was night time. I stopped the car and told her "open your door and reach down". She did and picked up a $20 bill. She said to me "dam you have good eyes". My reply was " not really I thought it was a $10 bill"

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I have a regular 4 mi route that I (joy) ride my bike most days. One day I changed my mind and backtracked my route, (which I never do). On the way back I saw something in the street. I stopped and picked it up, I was my own antique air cleaner. It had fallen off my motor and I hadn't noticed. Now dammit it just was meant to be. On top of that it was on a fairly busy side street and no one had run it over!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
You should have told him that you were going to give all the credit cards to the bums hanging out around the liquor store.

Or maybe "Well, since you feel that way about it and I now know where you live, I'll be coming over for the rest of your stuff"

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Me and choppercrazy were riding and we found 20$. We roe to the gas staion and bought some of those cheap 4$ airsoft guns and bbs. Fewdays later warren found a wallet with 300$ in it and we called the guy and he just started using language tha would make touretts guy blush. So we just hung up and the mony "dissapeared" and the wallet went to the police station

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Me and choppercrazy were riding and we found 20$. We roe to the gas staion and bought some of those cheap 4$ airsoft guns and bbs. Fewdays later warren found a wallet with 300$ in it and we called the guy and he just started using language tha would make touretts guy blush. So we just hung up and the mony "dissapeared" and the wallet went to the police station
The guy got what he had every right to have.....his wallet back.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Yea, after we turned it in, we wated in the bugerking parking lot (eating like KINGS haha) and a new mercedes flew up to the pig-pen and parked illegaly in front. The guy jumped out and hewas wider than he was tall and waddled inside. He came out 5 minuets later with a ticket for the parking. We laughed untill he notised us and gave us a death stare and drove off

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
well once I was riding my bike and as I was passing the winn Dixie i saw a watch in the middle of the street so i parked and dodged a few cars and picked it up, nice timex with a leather strap I still got ,,, but just to avoid those stares from people and police if i find something like a wallet I just drop it into a mailbox on the street!!!let them deal with it!!!

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
Not on motorbike but I hiked 3 miles to a a beach near big sur. there was nobody on the beach and I was walking through the water and as it pulled back I saw a black clip. When I pulled the clip it was connected to something. So I dug out a fanny pack. When I opened it I swear it had $700 plus dollars and marijuana and a pipe. Nothing else. I did keep the money and just the money. It was a very unexpected and felt like I found a buried treasure. That w 6 years ago.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Not on motorbike but I hiked 3 miles to a a beach near big sur. there was nobody on the beach and I was walking through the water and as it pulled back I saw a black clip. When I pulled the clip it was connected to something. So I dug out a fanny pack. When I opened it I swear it had $700 plus dollars and marijuana and a pipe. Nothing else. I did keep the money and just the money. It was a very unexpected and felt like I found a buried treasure. That w 6 years ago.
Haha, that's amazing and laff
And hey, diddent the uss macon crash off the coast of big sur?

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
ive found more than enough random sockets and wrenches odly the ones im always loseing or could always use a spare off was rideing through the park on my way to work once found 3 bucks in nickes quarters and dimes went and got me a rockstar

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
There are 2 schools within a couple of blocks from my house where I "test drive" my bike before adventuring out farther away to make sure everything
is up to par for riding.

About 1/2 way there I saw 2 bikes parked on the lawn with a sign that said FREE...

2 mountain bikes, 1 aluminum frame in nearly new condition, the other with 24" wheels not so wonderful..

Decided not to motorize the aluminum one, gave it to a friend and kept the other one for parts.

I love free stuff

TiM

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i found a ball peen hammer on the road one day,a snap on.
it was mine,i left it on the running board of a custome'r vehicle the week before.
found 100.00 in a package of smokes.
found bungee cords,ratchet straps,load binders.
a really nice crescent wrench-was like new.
nothing while motorbiking-yet.Oh except what silverbear said,my peace of mind.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
A few days ago I was crusing along an old low-matenence road and I seen that the frost had pushed up 3 glass things, two turned out to be early thirtys coca-cola glasses and the other was an even older square bottle, tapered from the bottom, made from opalescent brown glass. all three are in nice shape, no chips or anything. The brown bottle might be worth something.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
When I ride alone in the beautiful Rocky mountains, I find God each and every time.

On a ride thru my brother's neighborhood (golf course community), a homeowner had a very nice self-propelled lawmower out with the trash. I returned to pick it up with my car and spent about an hour fixing it up. It needed a new battery, new ignition switch, carb rebuilt, and now I have a very nice electric start 6.5HP lawnmower for almost nothing.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Many years back, I was on my harley, stopped at a traffic light, wheen a beer truck passed before me, going too fast through the intersection. The dips threw his back doors open and 8 or 10 cases of six packs fell all over the street.

I immediately wheeled over to the right and began hanging the 6 packs off my sissy bar, handlebars, and anywhere else I could try to... lol

The too speedy driver backed up his semi-truck (in heavy traffic!) and began kicking the mess out of traffic, then picking it up to carry to his truck... He gave me 'the look'.
I said, "I won't charge you for helping clean up your mess."

Funny thing, he didn't say nuthin! lol
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Many years back, I was on my harley, stopped at a traffic light, wheen a beer truck passed before me, going too fast through the intersection. The dips threw his back doors open and 8 or 10 cases of six packs fell all over the street.

I immediately wheeled over to the right and began hanging the 6 packs off my sissy bar, handlebars, and anywhere else I could try to... lol

The too speedy driver backed up his semi-truck (in heavy traffic!) and began kicking the mess out of traffic, then picking it up to carry to his truck... He gave me 'the look'.
I said, "I won't charge you for helping clean up your mess."

Funny thing, he didn't say nuthin! lol
rc
I was a couple of cars behind a Pepsi truck on an entrance ramp to a highway in Miami, back in the 60s. This is when soft drinks came in bottles and the cases were carried in slanted holders on the back of the trucks. He went around the tight curve a little too fast and cases of Pepsi came out and started splattering all over the road. 24 bottles per case and there must have been ten to twelve cases shot out the side of that truck.

What a sticky mess to drive through. Had to wash my car off when I got home.
Oh, and there wasn't much to salvage, so I didn't stop.

Tom