Medera canyon ride

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Today I rode from Tucson to Green Valley to Medera canyon; about just a tad over 100 miles today in total.

It was windy and a few times I almost got blown off the road, I took the scenic route and made my own route off-road through the desert to avoid most of the heavy traffic.

After mounting my rack, a few tools and some extra fuel for just in case, I was on my way.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I stopped here at this spot on mission road where years ago on my Della Cruz Cruiser I came up on a large group of spandex riders going the other direction. As they were passing me one tossed a water bottle and hit me in the head.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
This mountain here i don't recall it's name but its off limits to everyone. The local Hohokam believe when you pass your spirit comes to this mountain. So no one is allowed not even the natives or some headless horseman will hunt your dreams or something.

Attachments

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
I stopped here at this spot on mission road where years ago on my Della Cruz Cruiser I came up on a large group of spandex riders going the other direction. As they were passing me one tossed a water bottle and hit me in the head.
The sign in the background was a nice touch then!

Nice place! No cacti or mesquite trees here, just the kind you buy in bags.
What size rear sprocket you got?

Was going to mention something else but forgot.

PS, Oh yeah, remember now, aren't those short cuts the worst?! I don't know how many times I had to pull a bike through thick brush or swamp.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Did the trooper at about 1:34 give you a wave??

How much does the chain stretch during a trip of that length?

My goal is to ride about 90 miles to my parents house after I get mine broken in. I'm glad that these motors are able to go that far in one trip.