Beware of bikeberry!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
Just a heads up. I checked online today before heading to my bank and Bikeberry has changed the warranty on their site as far as I can tell they are giving a much more limited warranty than before. Do not believe the banner above about the Free 6 Month Warranty. It is a lie. Dealing with this dealer has been the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with. If you decide to make the mistake of trusting them, make sure you use a credit card for added protection against them or use Pay Pal if they even accept that. I went back and forth with them (email) for weeks trying to get anything done and all they did was add useless repair tips that never panned out to work which I had already tried from the research on this site. Because I did not report this to my bank quick enough (which I am sure is part of their scam) I am having issues with that. I can not stress it enough. These people do not give a crap about their customers and if you want to have someone treat you with complete rudeness and disrespect try out their customer support line (for those sadomasochists out there).

Last edited by a moderator:

BikeBerry.com

Dealer
Nov 7, 2008
California
www.bikeberry.com
Moisstink,

Jack from BikeBerry.com here. I'm very sorry to hear that you are having these kinds of issues with the engine kit that you purchased from us. I understand that having to troubleshoot the engine kit is a hassle and can be frustrating, especially when you just want the engine to start so you can have fun with it.

However, please do understand that the product that you purchase is a Do-It-Yourself engine kit and as such the inherent nature of the product is that you have to install the unit onto a bicycle properly before the engine works. Now with that being said,our years of experience in this industry has shown that in 99% of cases, when brand new engines do not run, it is usually due to some sort of installation error. That may mean a number of things, which includes the CDI and magneto wires being crossed, the kill switch being grounded and shorting the engine, carburetor not being adjusted properly, manifold having a leak in it, the magneto getting wet and shorting, the spark plug boot not being secured properly onto the engine, etc.

In any of these above mentioned examples, replacing the engine will not fix your problem. That is the reason why we go though a number of troubleshooting steps to determine what the problem is. To write off the entire engine as a "Lemon" and refusing to troubleshoot the issue with us, the inherent problem will not be solved even if the whole engine is replacement. The reason why we go through trouble shooting procedures is to save you time and money in sending the engine back only to find out that there is nothing wrong with the engine.

The fact of the matter is, it is very rare that the engine itself is defective. In most cases, it is either not connected properly, the carburetor is not adjusted properly or the magneto/CDI needs to be replaced. This can easily be determined by means of our comprehensive trouble shooting procedures, which we have used to quickly help solve the problems of hundreds of customers with the same issue. However, because we are working with you from California, you do have to work with us to help you. We really would love to get you back up and running.

If you are still having problem with the engine, please do feel free to contact me directly at 1800-317-0479 x101.

Also, we have not made any changes to our warranty policy like you suggest. Our industry leading 6-month warranty has been the same for a number of years.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Yup bikebarely sucks...
i jumped from my norm of 130$ kits to try them out...
Waste of time and money...
I spent more time tearing the motor down to take pics of defective parts than i did riding the motor

And since bb is watching please tell me how you got my private email and not my business/hobby account?

Ive spammed all of their messages, but yet they seem to still slip one in...

Oh and bb, 3/16 ths of an inch in difference of height on a rag joint IS too large of a distance...lol...

But yea stay away from them...there are plenty of better vendors...ahem dax

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Well I know their kits suck but their parts seem find to me. I just order another clutch lever and it came broken in half.. So I call and they ASKED VERY NICELY for me to e-mail them pics of it and I did. Two hours later I had a tracking number. Three days later it arrived . It wasn't their fault that usps ran over crushing the part but they replaced it. I mean BGF motors and kit suck but I still buy all my gaskets, cables and other parts from him too.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I should have ammended my statement...

Pretty much anything factory direct is a crapshoot

Lotsa vendors just flip products...

Some dont and those are the guys/gals to buy from

But even still bbs customer service reps can be annoying...

They always did send replacement parts and im on east coast and usually got parts in 3-4 days

But still

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
my first kit is from bike berry and I have had issues with it sense putting it on my bike. the clutch started slipping right around my break in period was ending and one morning it just wouldn't turn over at all. The wheel seized. I took off the wheel on my bike and it would turn but with the chain it just wont turn over. Im gonna try this again and buy an engine from DAX and after break in I am gonna start modding the engine. my first real bike will be all American. THis bike I got now wasn't put together by me and I refuse to let that get the better of me.

Harry436

Jul 12, 2015
Altamonte Springs
Well I agree completely, I've been ripped off by them. I ordered some parts they text me the next day that I'll have to wait two weeks and I told him I need my money back and I've been fighting with them every day so this is been 11 days to get my money back and still waiting. Everyday they have a different excuse.

Listen, I know these bikes are not supposed to be the most reliable on the road but DO NOT TRUST Bikeberry to fulfill any type of warrenty! I bought two engines from them. One has been fine, the second was a lemon from day one. Since I had a local motorized bike shop I was able to replace the CDI, (twice), and the clutch lever. The second engine never ran that good to begin with, so after checking everything on this blog troubleshooting and it finally stopping mid ride after the break in period I contacted Bikeberry. Here is the response you can expect from these clowns. You need to figure out the problem we do not replace the engine. The problem IS the engine, now I am not a mechanic and I do not know how to tear down an engine and rebuild. I do not have tools to check for correct compression and I do not know how to rebuild small engines if I did I would have a side business doing so! I have however gone through this kit with a shop mechanic on a brief visit and he could not find anything wrong on the obvious (magneto good, check, wiring soldered check, new cdi check new spark plug, check, new boot (non kit), check,) and I went through it afterwards . Now, this engine is still under their posted warranty, under 200 miles and they refuse to do anything. Do not trust them to back up anything they sell unless it is completely missing from the kit and even then expect a two week wait and a lot of back and forth with some rude staff to get that done. I dropped 400.00 with some extra parts from them and have one functioning bike kit. Get the picture, expensive company to deal with!!!! If you are foolish enough to deal with them GOOD LUCK! I will NEVER trust this company again. I know they sponsor this page but hopefully a few people will read this and go to a company that backs the products they sell. I was actually foolish enough to post I never had a real problem with them. Goes to show you should always wait till the S hits the fan.