Cooper & Ludwig

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I just tripped over a pic in the European Bikes sticky,

Apart from details, that's how Mk2 goes together.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Well, it's going to be a few months before it gets done. It will sit where it sits, which will be high enough to clear the pedals. I might go to 5.5" cranks to help. I'll talk to Doug, who's rebuilding the cycle parts, about what's available.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
Moto, I found a Krusik for you, with a Steyr bike attached.

[FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]Hello Ludwig the Second![/FONT]
[FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif][/FONT][FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]After some (mental) hibernation, I took better and longer look at motorised bicycle from your offer... Magnificent machine, indeed! Only, there are a few drawbacks:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]it isn't KRUSIK (but quite similar and very cute), made in famous factory of ammunition, destroyed in 1999;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]it would be quite expensive, I suppose - and plus transport expenses;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]here, it couldn't be used as “[/FONT][FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]bicycle with assistance[/FONT][FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]” (only electric-motors up to 250 Watts are allowed) and should be registered as moped – too much complication;[/FONT]
[FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]However, I would like to have one, in spite that it isn't Serbian big, old bicycle (known as village, or peasant types, made in factory PRVI PARTIZAN) and engine isn't designed by famous Dr. Mihajlo Borisavljevic, professor from Belgrade’s University and succesful designer and constructor of engines and motored vehicles. My late brother was his student and later good friend and I was friend with his son. So, some nostalgia and romantic attitude is present...[/FONT]
[FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]Ciao, Zoran[/FONT]
[FONT=Bookman Old Style, serif]P.S.: What is the value of shown motto-bicycle? (just curious)[/FONT]

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Ludwig,
Answer is correct: that IS motorcycle NLG, of course it is British:
The North London Garage, of Corsica Street, Highbury, London, North, is now specializing in the tuning up of motorcycles for hill climbs and club competitions” That quote came from the The Motor-Car Journal, Saturday, June 13th. 1908.

The smallest engine they used was Peugeot 944 cc and the biggest was *** 2,8 litres! Just in a case that somebody here thinks about upgrading his motorised bicycle! It seems to me that they could simply attached wheels on engine - no need for any frame? Pay attention: some had belt drive and bicycle-type brakes (or any brakes?)!

Instead of One Million of £££, you will get a few photos of those gigants!

Ciao,
Zoran

Again correction about writing name of British engine: it should write - " ... and the biggest was J.A.P. 2,8 littres..."
maybe this time it would be visible? Ludwig, what did you done to moderatores to hate British famous V-two-cylinder engine?

Attachments

Last edited:

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
I just found this picture, the possibilities are very inspiring. Apparently it was made in France by M. Roux, but that's all I know about it.
--------------
Annie,
maybe a way to get stronger wheel, but not simple and cheap? Ah, French...
--- ---
Ludwig,
Just to abused your space here, I will announce opening new thread...

As many of us are interested in stronger wheels, cheap as possible, I opened special thread for that under name "WHEELS for velocars, velomobiles and other multi-wheelers" in our sub-forum "Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles". Maybe we could gathered there interesting ideas, without strangling too much this one...
Ciao, Zoran

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If you want to find a different way to do a machine, go to France, it's a national addiction there.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Ludwig,
For sure - French make many things in different way, from food and wine to all kinds of motored vehicles, including air-planes (once?), but I wouldn't underestimated British imagination in a way of extraordinary and unusual solutions. Beside mentioned monstrous NLG motorcycles, there could be something more... Photos of quite unusual motorcycles, made in UK are attached ...and, video-clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLvvMOsr25E

Ciao, Zoran

Attachments