Better motor mounts

GoldenMotor.com

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
Yes by all means get ahold of Jim and let him make you a motor mount for your bike . Jim has made two sets for me when i took the bikes down to him and they are working great. Also check out his sprocket adaptor and sprockets. He can make about and size you would need. His work is top notch.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Are you a welder? Do you have metal fabrication skillls? If yes, make them yourself. Mounts are not hard to make but some talent and imagination is involved. If you're not comfortable with doing them yourself then the advice above is good. Check out Creative Engineering for an installation kit that will make motor mounting easy and secure. MANIC Mechanic Parts.htm
Tom

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I have the skills just lack the tools and I have already ordered the clutch kit and sprocket adapter from Jim. I guess I should query him about a motor mount .sno.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Yes, you can make them yourself if you have the tools, and they can have rubber isolation points to all but remove the engine's 'nad rattling harmonic vibrations from the frame. I'm designing a prototype set out of steel for the new bobber frame I am producing. These will also swivel, so this way you can "clock" the engine exactly where you want it. Eventually, once the frames start selling, this motor mount design will be machined out of aluminum. Much less work for me.

'BrettMavriK

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
i took a peice of 3/8th steel and drilled 4 holes to go through 2 to the motor and 2 to a u bolt then i took the bushings off a skateboard truck mounted them between 2 nuts going to the u bolt works perfect much less vibration and i can really crank down the nuts for a much tighter fitworks really well hope i was of some help will take pics soon just dont have a camera

backalleyminies

Dec 18, 2008
lebanon mo.
a small heavy duty muffler clamp a 3eights x2and half long bolt weld the bolt in the center of the u on the muffler clamp put a shock rubber on each end of the bolt with a large steel washer on each end mount that part in the engine mount put the clamp on the frame

backalleyminies

Dec 18, 2008
lebanon mo.
very nice mounts brettmavrik i just finished my first attempt a very old 3 wheel ez roll regal i have 8 more 3 wheel bikes but some arent useable would like to post some pictures, but im new to this dont know how maybe ill figure it out .