chain problem

GoldenMotor.com

mick29

Jun 8, 2009
Salisbury East
I bought my self a new mountain bike about 3 weeks ago fitted my motor to it fitted great but when it came to fitting the chain it rubs on the frame it is an APOLLO bike and the rear part of the frame curves inward just enough to touch the chain with out cutting out the frame can anyone with ideas please help mick29

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The most common cure for this, as I have read here on this forum, is to use a second tensioner wheel to hold the chain away fron the offending frame tube.

ryan2249

Apr 10, 2009
Visalia, CA
Putting a second chain tensioner is a great idea, you could also go to your local bike shop and purchase a derailer cog with a sealed bearing and make a chain guide to push it away from the tube its rubbing on.. Did that on a friends bike a long long time ago, it worked out pretty well the chain lined up nicely with the cog teeth. Good luck :)

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
Putting a second chain tensioner is a great idea, you could also go to your local bike shop and purchase a derailer cog with a sealed bearing and make a chain guide to push it away from the tube its rubbing on.. Did that on a friends bike a long long time ago, it worked out pretty well the chain lined up nicely with the cog teeth. Good luck :)
had the same problem...went to a smaller sprocket...the angle is wider towards the bottom...good luck...Dennis