Throttle setup...

GoldenMotor.com

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Got the bike with the 4 stroke built. With the use of the impact driver...got the gearbox cover off & greased all 4 gears today. Wiped off as much of the grease as I could on the clutch.

What I'm having a devil of a time doing is getting the throttle hooked up. I have a plastic & a metal connector on the carburetor...the pix is very unclear where to connect the end of the cable. Plus...the cable seems too short by 1/4". I hook it up with the metal thumbscrew with the cable going through it...I have no play at all on the throttle. Leaving it off...I have no way to control the tension on the cable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest thing I was excited with was lowering the seat to the same position as a limo frame. Having to drill new holes to mount the banana seat for the lower position...was able to bend the sissy bar back enough by hand to be able to swing my leg over & sit on the seat without help. Plus... I can sit on the seat and lay my feet flat on the ground for safety...just like riding a motorcycle. Here's what it looks like now:

Phoobar MB 6a.JPG