Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Motorized Bicycle Trouble Shooting

Motorized Bicycle Trouble Shooting Use this area to post problems that may arise, if you could use some help in figuring out what is wrong with your bicycle motor and what needs to be done to achieve top performance.

Jackhammer sound?

Use this area to post problems that may arise, if you could use some help in figuring out what is wrong with your bicycle motor and what needs to be done to achieve top performance.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: Jackhammer sound?

Well I opened the engine.... The cylinder has 2 big scores near one of the transfer ports, the piston is scored on one side, one of the piston wrist clips are not seated properly, and my crank has slight up-and-down movement (very little, still probably enough to damage something) So it would call for a new piston, piston rings, piston clips and bearing needle, cylinder .... to **** with it. I'll just save the bottom half for parts.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Jackhammer sound?

Kinda what it sounded like, as we said any movement you can feel will increase dramatically at 3000 rpm. Good luck with the next one.