MA. CT. rides

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I wish bud. I dont even have a bike anymore or id always be up for a run...youre always welcome here if you decide to come thru my way

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
You folks want to do a ride/picnic thing the 22 of this month? Wethersfield, CT. at the park next to the DMV.

Carol and I have had a few and is a great time. We only stopped em 'cause farmboy and his crowd turned it into a marketing opportunity.

Is a great place to do this. The DMV has their motorcycle test course spray painted on the parking lot next to the picnic benches where we set up the food tables. Is really funny. Last one we hosted a bunch of bikers were helping a guy train for his MC license (he did not do well) and all the MBer's did the course perfectly. Was really fun.

Anyway an' dunno but if there is interest, we would love to do this again. These things are great fun and hanging out with you folks is always a good time.

Please! no venders or sales people. It is a picnic/ride and get together. not a sales opportunity.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, Kioshk! some of us were and it looked pretty much, exactly like that. (except we had motors)

Odd and random thought but it is amazing how much you learn at MB get-togethers.
Way, way back we had one when ChinaGirls were kinda a new thing and, frankly, none of us had a clue. But there were folks who could take off using only the clutch.(no pedaling) Folks with frames drilled threw and all sorts of things. Just all sorts of experimentation that if you mentioned online, would have tons of folks telling ya (and I mean me) you are crazy and wrong.

Just funny and after talking to Carol about doing a get-together thing again, we got to reminiscing about some of the other ones.

Carol Has never even sat on a MB, but loves the people. I got lucky. She is the kind of person who can get stuck in an elevator and turn it into a party. Then she & her fellow riders get together every year to celebrate having met.

Last edited:

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Carol Has never even sat on a MB, but loves the people. I got lucky. She is the kind of person who can get stuck in an elevator and turn it into a party. Then her fellow riders get together every year to celebrate having met.
You got a good friend there!

RE: no-pedal starts; I have been chainless for about a month now. My cheapo Walmart bike's pedal-sprocket is all kinds of bent up and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. I took the chain off so I could use the pedals reliably as foot-rests, and have the ability to readjust them as necessary without the chain popping off, or binding. I'm happy to report that after 2-years' experience, I have a finely tuned 2-stroke that I can start with a hop and a push-off. and it's strong enough to get my fat-a$$ up moderate hills without pedal-assist. Not a permanent issue, it this had happened a year ago, I'da been SOL.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
You so well touched on the main point of why I enjoy MB folk so much. (aside from taking perfectly good bicycles, strapping motors on them and if they survive, post about it)

But is the mind set of our crazy, "What can I do with this?" Really, doctors, lawyers truck drivers, plumbers. Some really great minds from a myriad of back grounds are drawn to our crazy form of functional art. Taking perfectly good bicycles, strapping motors on them and seeing if we will live.

Seriously, as a group, we are really fun to talk to. Certifiable, perhaps but great fun to talk to.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Allen, there are always a few folks from Maine who come to these things in CT. Kind of a long drive but would be great to shake your hand.

Long and unrelated stroy but Carol and I met in Maine. I was bo'sn on a cruise ship and she was a passenger. Due to the insane tides up your way, the gangway ended at her window. hehe. But we got to talking and I asked her to go out when I was off watch. I then proceeded to get sloppy drunk and after coming back to the ship, showed her ....lol, never mind. I look really bad in this. But 24 years later on what I thought was our 25th, I took her back to the restaurant where we had our first date. Was cool.

Funny thing, Carol has never in her life missed a day of work. Not once. But in setting this up, I got her the 3 day weekend off threw her friends. (she really did have the weekend off)

But sitting on top of Acadia MT, I kidingly said I lied and she was supposed to be at work.

She punched me! LOL, not kidding, the woman punched me for all she had!

I rolled off the rock I had been sitting on and was laughing to hard to defend my self or tell her I was fibbing. Was really, really funny. Should have seen her face!

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
You folks want to do a ride/picnic thing the 22 of this month? Wethersfield, CT. at the park next to the DMV.

Carol and I have had a few and is a great time. We only stopped em 'cause farmboy and his crowd turned it into a marketing opportunity.

Is a great place to do this. The DMV has their motorcycle test course spray painted on the parking lot next to the picnic benches where we set up the food tables. Is really funny. Last one we hosted a bunch of bikers were helping a guy train for his MC license (he did not do well) and all the MBer's did the course perfectly. Was really fun.

Anyway an' dunno but if there is interest, we would love to do this again. These things are great fun and hanging out with you folks is always a good time.

Please! no venders or sales people. It is a picnic/ride and get together. not a sales opportunity.
That would be great but I'm working that weekend. I have the weekend before and after that off...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
would the 29th work for every one?

Any Sunday works for me.
(I was asked to leave the church for asking that my confirmation name be Igor. who knew there has never been a Saint Igor?)

In my defense, how cool would it be to have your legal name be "Igor" ?
Almost worth the beating I got when I got home.

A; who knew there had never been a "saint Igor" and B; that Bronx Irish Priests could use a telephone on Sundays!? (when I was running home and huridly preparing an excuse)

Sincerely and excommunicated,

Dan Igor Keav

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I just got my head bit off by the wife . We are on vacation the 29th. I hate rotating shifts. I have the 15th of June off and July 13th and 27th off. I work every other weekend.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
George, I just bought a H motor and it's on it's way to Q for some work, when I get up and running I will be riding every weekend.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL,.SlowB. I am throwing stuff at you. (But the wads of paper are just bouncing off the wall)let's aim for early July? Up to you guys & gals.

Would also give me time to make a gear reduction/transmission I have in the works. So far it cost $20,000 (not kidding) and I have yet to make a bit of scap or swarf. but do have a shop, mill/lathe and nightmares of failure. Snicker.

but up to you folks for a date. Just lemme know

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Dan,
Guess I'll just show up at the registrey every sat & sunday till you decide on a final date!

Jim

Last edited: