Micargi, Firmstrong and Fito. Wheel upgrades necessary?

GoldenMotor.com

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I have a chance to buy an older Giant Simple for $150.00 unfortunately I haven't been able to make the drive to pick it up because of the latest snow storm. Having a couple days to think about it I started looking at the bikes in my title post and really like a couple of them. Question is no one states in the descriptions what kind of wheels are on these bikes. I don't want to spend that kind of cash and still be stuck buying wheels etc to make the bike a better ride.

Anyone have luck with some of these brands in the aluminum models? I'm mostly interested in the seven speed models because of the front and rear brakes also at some point I might just get a jack shaft when funds become available.

As always thanks for your input!
Dan.

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
The wheels are crap on all of them......Buy the bike for the frame and upgrade parts as required...

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
The wheels are crap on all of them......Buy the bike for the frame and upgrade parts as required...
Blerg. Kinda thought that might be the answer. Purchased a older American made huffy bike for the frame, guess I'll work that project out. Actually I love the frame I guess once I replace all the parts it's pretty much new lol.

I'm new to this so all the shiny pictures influence me still.

Thanks,
Dan.

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Regrease the headset and crank.... regrease the front wheel.... Sell the back wheel and get a good 12g spoke good brake wheel...

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
This bike was found by a demolition crew in the weeds of smashed up barn. Spokes are mostly toast and the crank is pretty....uh vintage lol. I'm learning so I'll take it all apart and see what's salvageable and work my way up.

Dan.