WTB misc Whizzer accessories

GoldenMotor.com

Buzz Bomb

Nov 13, 2008
SoCal
I have a newer Whizzer motor kit that I want to put in a prewar frame, and I want to preserve the prewar look of the bike as much as possible. The engine itself isn't too different, but things like the modern twist grips and controls don't really work with what I'm trying to do. Anyone have a stockpile of '40s parts? twist grips, thumb controls, etc. I also need the complete frame to engine mounts. Anyone who can help please let me know. I know this isn't where you post buy/sell stuff but I wanted to catch the eye of the Whizzer people...

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Buzz, vintage Whizzer controls are not going to work well with your engine, it is a radically different setup.

I have some controls that will work and look nice, and not too modern.
Quenton may have mounts for you and can give you the breakdown on how that works.

Mike

Buzz Bomb

Nov 13, 2008
SoCal
Hey,
I like to see the controls that you're talking about...
The thumb setup uses a different cable, but I'd really like to see if I could make it work. If it's a no-go, I'd like an alternative like yours. Send pics if possible.
:D

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
The motor mounts are available from Memory Lane Classics They are repros of the originals and look very good. I have ordered several things from them and have been very pleased with the quality. I am about to order a clutch cable from them for a 1946 H motor kit that I am putting together. I believe Mike is correct about the vintage throttle lever not working well but hey we have to try right. Also Quenton has a bunch of vintage parts too. I got almost everything from him.

Jim

Last edited: