plastic collar CNS carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
I broke the plastic collar that sits in the carb and conects around the intake tube. I need help trying to fabricate a part but nothing seems to work

Also my bike will not idle i pull the clutch in n it instantly kills the engine if i don't pull in the clutch n don't give it gas it kills

Any and all solutions welcome i cant really understand or troubleshoot the idle properly till i fabricate the collar so please help only transportation to work must have running by monday

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Well I have pictures but can't put em up cuz I'm using my phone I tried using calk/silicone but the gas oil mixture ate threw it and then I tried to epoxy seal it but the same issue now I have a fabricated rubber spacer in place n now I'm trying to J.D. weld it shut but idk if that's gonna eat it too

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Well I have pictures but can't put em up cuz I'm using my phone I tried using calk/silicone but the gas oil mixture ate threw it and then I tried to epoxy seal it but the same issue now I have a fabricated rubber spacer in place n now I'm trying to J.D. weld it shut but idk if that's gonna eat it too
Hey man, none of what you just said sounds like a good idea to me, you dont want to JB Weld your carb to your intake! Did you look down inside the neck of your carb, is the original black rubber seal inside there??? If not, look around, in the kit box, where you unpacked it, or built the bike for it. If you dont find it then just order a CNS carb rebuild kit for $14 bucks or whatever and it will come with a new seal, new spacer, and a replacement for just about every other part in your carb. I have never needed any kind of sealer on my carb, the rubber spacer works fine if you get it seated on the intake properly. If and when you find the seal, pull it out, place it on the end of the intake tube so you can see how it is form fit to go over the intake, then put it back in the carb and make sure the intake seats inside the seal like that when the carb is mounted...