Is this worth buying?

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Hay Quenton I'm not sure if you'll see this,or if you remember me From Jb's rally. I had mentioned wanting to fit a Whizzer engine in my Roadmaster. Just thinking this might be a good starting point for a rebuild Quenton style.

The vintage Whizzers had very few problems, because they were made in America and are really well built.

The early "H" [1946/1947] motors used 1/4" head bolts [below serial number H120,000] and were later upgraded to 5/16" because of "blowing head gaskets". It is easy to convert the 1/4" bolts to 5/16", all that is needed is a drill, a 5/16" X 18 tap, and new head bolts.

The majority of vintage motors used an insert crankshaft and if run low on oil, could damage the crankshaft when turning [leaning] corners. The fix was to install the later "tall" breather from the later motors [300, 300S, 500, 600S, and 700] and increase the oil from 6 ounces to 8 ounces in the crankcase.

If you need help locating parts or information, just ask! I have a large supply of original NOS parts and can guide you to collectors/vendors for any parts you might need.

Have fun,

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Just gotta put in my 2cents...

I would NOT have waited til saturday!

At $250, what I see in the pic looks like a realistic investment.

Good luck
rc

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Next time we're at a rally we'll both be riding Whizzers (^)
When i get the cash to fix it. My job has slowed to around 30 hours a week.
And my car needs new tires and i still have 3 races left this season and rent and car payment and my 20's motobike build, and my current cafe build.
Speaking of the cafe build it was the bike that melted the head gasket out after the crap happytime can fell off during your rally. I've since built a tuned exhaust and rejeted. So far I'm at 45mph top rev 6800rpm.
Just put my new Pirate one off for me 30 tooth. If it can pull it I'm hoping for 51mph. With the 36 tooth it pulls close to 30 mph up a 30%grade.

Quenton as for rebuilding the engine. I need to find someone who can do it for me. I can tinker with cheap 2 strokes but I don't trust myself with a classic whizzer. I'm looking for anyone who might want to take the rebuild \retrofit on.
From my talk with the seller He told me the engine turns over and has compression but the electrics are shot.

I normally rebuild about one Whizzer a week, and will be happy to make your motor 100%original.

Just let me know when you are ready and I will discuss the details concerning the process & cost.

I have all the necessary special tools to make it like new. I have tools to measure the crankshaft clearance, tools to bore & hone the cylinder [if needed], tools to press in the replacement bearings, and special tools to cut the valves & valve seats.

Have fun,

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I normally rebuild about one Whizzer a week, and will be happy to make your motor 100%original.

Just let me know when you are ready and I will discuss the details concerning the process & cost.

I have all the necessary special tools to make it like new. I have tools to measure the crankshaft clearance, tools to bore & hone the cylinder [if needed], tools to press in the replacement bearings, and special tools to cut the valves & valve seats.

Have fun,
That's what I was hoping to hear. I just didn't want to presume.
By the way thanks for the advice on the 2 stroke pipe. The speed bike I was testing out at the rally hit 48mph today with a 200lb rider. I was clocked by my friend on his sport bike. It had more revs left i just ran out of road in the industrial park .It still pulls up steep hills just not as fast. The compression is so high I have to back the piston to the top of the cylinder before I start it or it just spins the clutch.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Just got back from picking up the bike. I'm currently charging my camera and will have pics up later.
The bike looks all original except for the bars. The wheels role perfect and the front drum works and the tires hold air. I took it for a quick pedal,and it rode fine I just need to see how much mettle is left after I remove the rust from the rims and spokes.
Also I have never seen the head badge before It says Royal.